Twitter: Help someone decide

R. Mansfield

David Swanson is trying to decide between us and them. Please tell him why you like Accordance. Thanks!

• Like 1

I am not sure how helpful my thoughts are as I never owned Logos, but I can say that when BibleWorks died I decided to go with Accordance instead of Logos because of how the companies interacted with me. My personal experience with Logos was that it was a very "business focused" organization and the top priority was making sales, while the vibe I got from Accordance is that they were genuinely concerned about people understanding Scripture better. Perhaps that is not important for some people, but it was the sole reason why I went with Accordance.

After using Accordance for awhile I am very happy with my decision. The software has been a night and day change in how I am able to study. I also like the free seminars which Accordance presents, and the sales and tech support staff is always really helpful. If I had to make the choice over again I would still go with Accordance.

• Like 7

I didn't want to get involved in the conversation on Twitter, but this morning I'd like to chime in here.

1. Kristin hit the nail on the head. I just love supporting Accordance. The people who run the company and develop the software use it and love it. They listen to us and deeply care about making a quality product. Someone might not have all the boxes checked on their feature request wish list or their bug fix wishlist, but I'm convinced it is not from a lack of care behind the scenes.

2. Tagging of ancient language resources is more robust in Accordance, and accessing that tagging is far better in Accordance's instant details than in Logos' version of instant details (both their hover tool tip and information tool is far inferior).

3. Accordance is where digital Dead Sea Scrolls got their start (see this Abegg interview for more on that), and they are always the best on this front.

4. Speed and efficiency, functionality on older machines, has always been a priority.

5. Accordance is more focused. They don't try to be everything for everyone.

6. The web browser lets me access Logeion, Woodhouse's English-Greek lexicon, Latinitium's English-Latin, and the Perseus Word Study tool within Accordance where my text's are. Love this. (just needs a bookmark feature for favorite sites)

I could go on, and maybe I will at some point, but for now, thanks for all the work you all do. 

Edited by Brian W. Davidson
  • Like 6