13.2.2 Crashing constantly

Paul Meiklejohn

Accordance 13.2.2 is crashing almost every time I scroll. Particularly if its on a 'search results'. This is the first update that I've seen with this level of instability.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Hi Paul,

Please contact us directly at techsupport@accordancebible.com. We would like to arrange a time for one of us to screen share with you to take a look at this when you gat a chance.

Thanks

Mine crashes when trying to "copy as a citation" in Greek lexicons. I've sent an email to support.

Billy, thanks for the typically helpful and personal response. Things were becoming painfully unusable on both my MacPro and iMac.  I have made the decision (the first time in 15 years use) to roll back to the legacy version.  I’m okay with that as none of the updates since then are critical to my workflow.  I’m happy now to hold off until v.14.  Thanks  for reaching out.  

I'm having lots of crashes with 13.2.  First time i've ever had such a problem.  Is there a general set of steps we can take to help restore stability?

I've also had the same problem a few times over the last couple of weeks. What seems to work best is this: open Accordance by right-clicking on the Acc icon while holding down the option key. This opens a window with several options for safe mode. Click on "Clear Library Cache."

BTW this generates a problem, since Acc opens two windows, the splash window and a notification window saying that Accordance didn't close properly. However, since the Splash window has priority, you can't click on the notification window. So you then need to force your computer to close Accordance. THIS REALLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

From there, try starting Acc again normally. A window should open saying that your previous session couldn't be saved. Click on that to open Acc. From there, you should be able to recover your most recent session by opening an autosaved session.

All this seems to be frequent with the most recent update. Typically, Accordance is very stable. I'm hoping it will be fixed soon, since going through all that is a pain!

I hope all this is helpful.

Original problem resolved. One of my workspaces that that was open and recycling in the background was causing havoc with scrolling.  Deleted and re-created.  Yeah, I have my accordance back!