Sync Tabs

Manuel Brambila

Hi, 

I would like to enter a Bible reference in one tab, and that my other tabs in the workspace automatically jump to that reference. 

So if I have a tab with ESV, another with a Greek NT, another with LSB, another with a French Bible; that I enter John 1 in the ESV and it replicates across the others. 

How to accomplish that?

Thanks!
Manuel

Edited by Manuel Brambila

Hi Manuel,
It is not exactly a new tab, but I think what you are trying to accomplish can be done with the Text Browser. You can get to it a few ways. You can right click on a word then Look up --> Text Browser. As you go to new verses in your main tab the collection of texts will update. You can also add the Text Browser to the main header thing, whatever it is called, and I made it into a shortcut.

I hope this helps some.
Kristin

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-29 um 01.01.21.png

• Like 1

Thank you, Kristin. 

But that is not what I meant... sorry for not being clear. 

I want to type Psalm 91 in one tab (Bible) and the other tabs will update to that passage. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 10.54.04 AM.png

It appears that you have tied some of the tabs to something (the up/down arrow on the French, BHS, GNT tabs indicate they are tied to something). I usually place the text that will drive my workspace in the leftmost tab, and then tie texts in other tabs, such as your LSB tab to the ESV text. It appears that the LSB tab needs to be tied to the ESV text in the ESV tab if you wish to have the ESV drive texts in your other tabs. Click on the little triangle beside the LSB letters in that tab name, and tie the LSB tab to the text you wish to drive your workspace. This is how I accomplish what you have described in your question.

—Joseph

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2