Best Method for Returning to Full Text View

circuitrider

After doing a word search what is the best way to return your Bible to full text mode.

I know that I can click in the search bar and type "*" and get there. Is there a quicker way to do this?

That would work—the quickest way would be to press tab to select the search argument, cmd-; to switch to Verses mode, and then to type *, followed by return to run the search.

Personally, I rarely return to all verses though, proceeding instead from one search to another search, using the shortcut keys above (e.g., I might start with a word/phrase search, scroll through the results, and then open a new tab to open a specific text to look at more closely, which might then lead to another word/phrase search, amplifying to lexicons, commentaries, maps, and back again as I go).

I often duplicate the current tab (cmd-d) and modify its search so I don't lose the results of the previous search (note that the search History follows you to the newly created tab).

So it's not rare for my Accordance workspace to have dozens of tabs open while pursuing train(s) of thought. At least they're easy to clean up when I'm done!

Archived