Dark Mode on Windows - WHEN??

thekakos92

Does anyone "in the know" know when Accordance for Windows will ever get Dark Mode? Accordance said "Coming soon for Windows" way back when Accordance 13 released, but I don't know what Accordance means when they say "soon." It's a features I really love in other programs (like Logos. Yes, I said it!) because its easier on my eyes when using it at night.

I asked Accordance on Facebook when it they will do it. They just told me to come to the forum and ask, as if that will make a difference. So here I am...

As a mac user, its a feature I love. I sympathise that v.13 has come and gone for Dark Mode on windows.  I would imagine v.14 will be released by Christmas, so hopefully Dark Mode on Windows will make its debut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi fellas from Accordance, hope all is well... Do you have any update for us? :)

Cheers.

As a majority Accordance Mac user, be it known that dark mode isn't all its cracked out to be. You end up with gray text on a black background, which as you get older is harder to see clearly. Contrast is king.

In the short term, use color inversion on the operating system to get 'dark mode', and at least there will be higher contrast text.

Best,

Dan

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/16/2022 at 9:57 PM, dandennison said:

As a majority Accordance Mac user, be it known that dark mode isn't all its cracked out to be. You end up with gray text on a black background, which as you get older is harder to see clearly. Contrast is king.

In the short term, use color inversion on the operating system to get 'dark mode', and at least there will be higher contrast text.

Best,

Dan

Understood. Any idea how to do that on Windows?

Currently it's problematic that launching Accordance at night literally hurts my eyes...

Cheers.

9 hours ago, dandennison said:

There are many places online that document this, here's one from 2019: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-invert-colors-on-windows

Thanks for the info.

It's a system wide adjustment that will throw off some other programs I'm afraid...? Some programs e.g. photo and video editors are dark by default... Anyhow, good to know this workaround, thanks!

• 8 months later...

@R. Mansfieldhas posted a picture of it somewhere ... I can't recall where though

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, Yuk Fai Lo said:

Just wondering, if v14 brings proper dark mode support to Windows?

The general answer to your question is yes. And I hope that it meets your definition of proper.

• Like 1