Controlling Units in a Hits Graph

Clint Cozier

Can I change the units displayed on a Hits Graph? For example, the chart will normally give me the hits  per 1000 words by chapter. I'd rather see hits per (whatever) words per book. Can I toggle the units and if so where?

Thanks.

I'll take the silence to mean that it can't be done which is a pity. Thanks.

Hi @Clint Cozier,
I didn't personally respond earlier as I am not 100% sure if I understand what you are trying to do... but if my guess is correct, there is a little slider that you can move to the right and left which adjusts the hits per x. I can attach a picture in case it is helpful.

Sincerely,
Kristin

167625718_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-30um20_46_31.thumb.png.1deddf9f68bef2d0149bf69e259fbf5e.png

• Like 1

Kristin,

Yes....that's exactly my question. You'll note that you've still got chapter markers on the x axis on the chart. I would have assumed some toggle to simply chart by words per book rather than words per chapter of book. I'll play with the slider, but my quick look at it still contains chapter divisions regardless where I set it.  Thanks.

Hi Clint,

On the chart I don't know of a way to do what you want.

However if you use the Table Chart or Table analytic you can get hits per book and per 1000 words. You can also get chapter details.

To plot it you would have to pull the data into something like Excel but the data is there.

Just re-reading your question I am not sure this is what you want precisely, because you say "I'd rather see hits per (whatever) words per book.". I am not sure what the charts do for chapter boundaries in the per X words case when they do not coincide with chapter boundaries.

Thx

D