New error pop-up

davidfrees

I opened Accordance on my Mac today and began receiving the following pop-up: “Pseud” is not currently available to Accordance.” Can anyone tell me what is causing this?

• Like 1

I mean to say that the error warning I’m getting says, “The text ‘Pseud’ is not currently available to Accordance."

I also had this occur with a number of my text modules (Pseud, Philo & Af?).

I found that opening these modules up or looking at the module info pane resolved the issue. Somehow (maybe 13.2.2 upgrade) the library lost track of these being installed?

• Like 1

Remembered that it was actually Josephus, not the AF module.

Might it be bug in the Comprehensive Cross Reference Module @Mark Allison? I have this problem now occurring every time I restart Accordance (i.e. my earlier suggestion does not seem to stick)

Edited by Michael Hunt

Hi,

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please try locating those modules in your library, then 'right click' (or 'control click') on them in the Library window. Then select ‘Remove Item’ (then, 'Move to trash' or ‘Delete') and then go to Easy Install and download a new copy.

If this does not take care of it for you, please let us know.

You can contact us directly at techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Billy,

Just to let those who might stumble across this thread on the forums know that removing and reinstalling still didn't resolve the problem longterm (i.e. the changes cause the error to go away temporally but a restart of accordance sees the same error message pop-up (see screen shot)

Will contact tech support about this (not urgent just not what is expected and more of an annoyance)

Michael

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 3.07.22 pm.png

• Like 1

Yes Michael,

Thank you. We will run tests on this and address it from techsupport@accordancebible.com.

We will contact you from there via email with what we find. We will probably post what we find out here as well.

Billy

Hi Michael,

You are absolutely right. We could easily reproduce this.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will post a bug report with the programming team.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Best wishes,

Billy

Just to confirm that this is also a problem on Windows 10. Popups kept appearing, then it crashed Accordance.

• Like 1

Yes Mark we confirmed it on Windows as well. Thank you...and thank you too David Frees.

We appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for fixing this in the latest 13.3.0 release. I did however @Mark Allisonpickup an error in the versification of "PSEUDEPIGRAPHA ENGLISH (CHARLES)"

It seems to me that some of the chapter references are not in the Accordance text (for example chapters 47-49 of 1 Enoch). While the verses are numbered correctly and change with each chapter (i.e. they restart their numbering at the beginning of each new chapter) the chapter number doesn't appear in the text. I only picked this up when I was testing for the above bug report using the Comprehensive Cross-references module. Clicking on references to that section of the text result in the following error message:

This hyperlink destination cannot be found in Pseudepigrapha English (Charles).

There may be either an error in the text or an available upgrade.

I have attached the following screenshoots that will explain it better. I don't know if this occurs elsewhere in the module or if it is just confined to the one area of the text. 

1965762674_ScreenShot2021-09-11at12_02_49pm.thumb.png.b8421807623e74c93197602827ae933c.png

1757290741_ScreenShot2021-09-11at12_03_44pm.thumb.png.d93258c980800db5e9490fd88ce4c8dd.png

Edited by Michael Hunt

Michael, the reasons the chapter numbers aren't displayed is that you are viewing Charles' Pseudepigrapha in paragraph mode, and the first verse of chapters 47-49 don't start a new paragraph. If you switch to verse mode, the chapter numbers will appear. 

Do you remember the link in the Comprehensive Cross-References module that didn't work for you? 

• Like 1

“ Pseudepigrapha (c. 500 B.C.E. – C.E. 300) are dozens of extra-biblical books with improbable authorship. These texts claim various Old Testament individuals as authors, including Adam, Enoch, Levi, etc. One of the books in this category, 1Enoch, is part of the canon of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. 1Enoch 1:9 is normally considered the source for the quote cited in Jude 1:14–15. Two passages in 1Enoch (48:2–7; 69:26–29) describe the son of man in definitive messianic terminology that parallels the New Testament. Portions of 1Enoch were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls.”
The Comprehensive Bible (Paragraph 42), Comprehensive Crossrefs v2.4
https://accordance.bible/link/read/Comprehensive_Crossrefs#42

Comments: @Mark Allison. Here is the section of Comprehensive Crossrefs that I had an issue with specifically the link underlined and in bold. Interestingly the second link worked fine.

Thanks Michael. That's an issue with the link in Comprehensive Crossreferences (it's linking to "Enoch" instead of "1Enoch" in the Accordance internal markup). I'll have an update for that module asap.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

Just now, Michael Hunt said:

Quite the fluke that I found it then.

Yes it was. It was the only reference to "Enoch" instead of "1Enoch" in the entire module 🙂

• Like 1