Accordance asking for unlocking codes

Ken Stephens

I updated to the newest version of Accordance and it's now asking me for unlocking codes whenever I try to open anything.

I tried signing out and back in through the software but it's not accepting my credentials, even though the Accordance website is.

Any ideas?

Hi Ken,

As for the unlocking codes you can dismiss the window (sometimes it takes several tries) and then go to Easy Install and refresh. This should connect to our server and clear the unlocking code requests.  Let us know if it does not.

Our website will accept your email address as a username. If it is not accepting it in Easy Install, your username is probably not actually your email address.

You can contact us at techsupport@accordancebible.com if you need to recover your username.

Thanks

On 8/31/2021 at 6:41 PM, Billy32792 said:

Hi Ken,

As for the unlocking codes you can dismiss the window (sometimes it takes several tries) and then go to Easy Install and refresh. This should connect to our server and clear the unlocking code requests.  Let us know if it does not.

Our website will accept your email address as a username. If it is not accepting it in Easy Install, your username is probably not actually your email address.

You can contact us at techsupport@accordancebible.com if you need to recover your username.

Thanks

As the new website came I had also troubles. It says I can use the email or the user name. But one of those two don't work. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Same here since I downloaded the update 13.3.1. For example for the Buber Bible. If I go through easy install there is no mention of Buber.

You can contact us either in sales (orders@accordancebible.com) or tech support (techsupport@accordancebible.com) for assistance with missing items in your account. We will need your username or email address to be able to look at your account. I'm sure we can get this corrected for you.

Thanks.

Thank you Billy, though this does not seem to be a matter of "missing items". For a lot of items that I do have I am asked to give unlock codes, and once I cancel the demand I can access the item. For some rare other items, it seems that I do not have them. I will proceed after shabbat. All this is clearly related to the last update of Accordance 13.

Best.

Hi,

I'm sorry, I meant they may be missing from our end and have to be added back manually. If this is the case, then going to Easy install and refreshing (which usually works) will not work in this instance. Please get the latest update to Accordance 13.3.2 if you haven't done so already. Let us know which items are giving the error and we can add them back manually. 

We apologize for this inconvenience.

It’s the BHS Apparatus for me. Installed the 13.3.2 latest update and did the Easy Install, but pop-up notification is still asking for the unlocking code.

Hi Carmelo,

We apologize for this inconvenience. We have added the BHS-T with apparatus back to your account again. Please check Easy Install for the download. If you have any further issues with this, please contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com for faster assistance.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. I downloaded the last update of the app. I am still asked to unlock a MT-LXX module online. I f I click cancel the app quits. It seems that there has been an error in programming the last version.

Yohanan

Problem is much more acute on the IMac (2017) than on the MacBook (early 2016) on which I do not remember meeting with the problem, both with macOS Catalina 10.15.7. The MacBook is well served with the version 13.3.1 of Accordance. So somewhere there is something to correct, either on your site or in the programmation of the app.

best regards.

I am also continuing to have this problem after updating and refreshing seems to only last a very short time. I cannot dismiss the request window by canceling. I have to end the program forcefully through the Program Manager.  East Install also keeps showing a long list of products which I purchased years ago, as if they are not installed yet.  

I am being prompted for unlocking codes for old modules that were part of old packages that I bought in the days of CD-ROM, prior to Easy Install. I have some individual codes, but not for some in packages.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:41 AM, Billy32792 said:

Hi Ken,

Thanks

Refreshing in Easy Install does not rid me of the prompts for codes for NICNT18 and NICOT-25. I do not have the codes. Quitting and restarting Accordance does not help. I cannot proceed with study with these recurrent demands for codes I do not have.

Accordance has crashed twice when trying to dismiss these windows.

Looking into the matter further, the two modules have been superseded by other modules I have. They have been there for years, so I am mystified as to why they were prompting for a key. They only appeared when I was in a certain part of a certain tab in one of my four workspaces.

In any case I removed them from the library and the annoying prompts went away. I guess I will need to rethink my practice of holding onto old modules.

😉

If you tell sales about the old module you should be able to download it via easy install. And they should then not asking for a key.

Request for codes appears whenever the Control key is pressed.  Sometimes the request can be dismissed, many times however, the program locks and/or crashes.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, Matthew Wilson said:

Easy Install also keeps showing a long list of products which I purchased years ago, as if they are not installed yet.  

If they are showing as 'uninstalled' in Easy Install, then something has happened to them. Please refresh the list and download any available modules. This may clear everything up. If you need further assistance, please contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with unlocking codes showing up after pressing Windows "control" key? This consistently  brings up the missing unlocking codes screen and nearly every time locks the program completely or crashes it.  It is making the program very had to use now.  

Matthew,

We need to look at your account and see why the modules requiring a code are not in your account. Please, write to techsupport@accordancebible.com listing these modules. 

• 1 month later...

This does not seem to be an account issue. It is a program issue that I can confirm occurs whenever the control key is pressed. For example, Control-C to copy causes the missing key dialog to come up and more often than not, the program to freeze. The question is: What does the control trigger?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good Evening. I am running into this problem as well (Enter Unlocking Code for Greek Keys). I tried Billy32792's suggestion and used Easy Install. When I highlighted each of the modules, they were either Not Installed or Incomplete. I am running the latest version 13.3.2. I am also running this on a Macbook Air. The 2020 Build. Latest level of the OS. 

No discernible change in the problem.

Sometimes I can click "Cancel" and the Dialog Box will go away. Other times, I have to "Force Quit" the application. When I do that, upon restart I do NOT attempt to restore.

I am still receiving this message. One other thing: I installed the application from a Time Machine Backup. My previous Macbook Pro went DOA.

Looking for suggestions. 

Thank You for your time.

Steve Booth

Edited by stevebooth8739@gmail.com
More Descriptive Information on Error Message.

Steve,

Please see the email that we sent to your gmail address.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I also have been having trouble with Accordance asking me for the Unlock Code for Greek Keys. I purchased a new Mac Studio earlier this year and installed Accordance and then downloaded all my content using Easy Install. Since then, every so often, for reasons I don't understand, a pop-up occurs that asks me for my Greek Keys unlock code. I don't know the code and I can't cancel out of the pop-up. I have to force quit Accordance (or it eventually crashes).

I chatted with Rmudge in Technical Support a few months ago about the problem. I was told that Greek and Hebrew keys were discontinued and replaced several years ago. And Rmudge provided me codes for both Greek Keys and Hebrew Keys in case the pop-up occurs again.  The codes provided, however, do not work. Luckily, the pop-up does not occur too often.

I am using Accordance version 13.3.3 and running MacOS 12.5.1.