Mac Accordance 13.2.2 Upgrade and Relaunch issue!

Earl Thorpe

I just tried to upgrade Accordance and received this message that is preventing me from even opening up Accordance:

Accordance 13.2.2 (13.2.2) MacOS 11.5.2 The location of the file “Text Display.apref” has changed (or it has been deleted) since Accordance accessed this file the last time. 

I tried to reinstall and it keeps giving me the same dialog box and I can move no further. And I obviously can't access Accordance. Can someone help?

Hi @Earl Thorpe,

I don't really know, and hopefully someone else with more experience will respond soon, but in the meantime there are a few thoughts I have.

1) Try closing Accordance and then opening it while holding shift. You need to keep holding shift until it completely opens. If that does not work, here are a few other ideas I have:

2) Library --> Cache then select all and delete. (Apple told me this is harmless to do, btw).

(To get to the Library, go to Finder, select Go while holding Control and it will show the Library).

3) This next idea is a sort of "failed" idea. I had thought you could go to Library --> Application Support --> Preferences --> Accordance Preferences --> delete cache, but I don't see a "cache" there like I was looking for.

4) This last thought I have I would not do before backing up your computer. Once the backup is complete, completely delete the Accordance program and re-download it. The message you are getting makes me feel like something is not where the program wants it to be, hence deleting the cache and such, but I would imagine this would fix it. That said, I would not personally do this 4th step unless one of the guys on the forum agreed.

So those are the steps I would personally take, but I unfortunately don't know more.

I hope this helps some,

Kristin

Kristen, 

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Will work through them!

• Like 1

Im having same issue... any updated steps that have helped? Can't even get Accordance to open in Safe Mode now.

@aoh3

I called in to the tech folks at Accordance. The gentleman was very helpful but ultimately, I had to do a fresh install of Accordance. We went through several exercises prior to resorting to a new install. I would suggest that you call tomorrow and leave a message, or contact them through live chat and have them walk you through the options. You may not need to go through the rigamarole that I had to in order to get it working. But Tech Support will take their time and walk through the options to get it done right!

Please contact us at techsupport@accordancebible.com and we can arrange a time for one of us to screen share with you to get this corrected.