German Shows in Instant Details

blgriffin83

I noticed that in the instant details it displays the German word. It's not a big deal but if there's an option to disable it, I would prefer to.

Anyway to get rid of that?

Image 4.png

Hi blgriffin83,

I am not sure, but there are a couple things I am noticing. First, to the left of בָּרָ֣א your screenshot says "MT-ETCBC" while mine says "HMT-W4" and does not contain German. I think that is likely what is going on.

The other thing that came to my mind is checking the texts it is using under Preferences -->Amplify and see what it says next to the Hebrew.

I hope this helps.1324964464_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-18um20_40_42.thumb.png.eb4dabe82ce43565e7b99db2eda7d02c.png

Hi @blgriffin83

i oops, I just posted a screenshot hovering over the Hebrew, here is one if I hover over the English and you can see the Hebrew text I am using is different.

977753917_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-18um20_42_10.thumb.png.8e5ba5fcfbbf81fcec8d9d10ee322226.png

Edited by Kristin

The morphological tagging for the MT-ETCBC has been supplied by the German Bible Society. The tagging was completed by the Eep Talstra Center for Bible and Computer (ETCBC) at the Free University of Amsterdam. So, it comes with the German gloss.

The morphological tagging for the BHS-T and HMT-W4 was supplied by the J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research (“The Groves Center”) at Westminster. The HMT-W4 is the more up to date out of these two.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Hi blgriffin83,

I am not sure, but there are a couple things I am noticing. First, to the left of בָּרָ֣א your screenshot says "MT-ETCBC" while mine says "HMT-W4" and does not contain German. I think that is likely what is going on.

The other thing that came to my mind is checking the texts it is using under Preferences -->Amplify and see what it says next to the Hebrew.

I hope this helps.1324964464_Bildschirmfoto2021-08-18um20_40_42.thumb.png.eb4dabe82ce43565e7b99db2eda7d02c.png

47 minutes ago, Jordan S said:

The morphological tagging for the MT-ETCBC has been supplied by the German Bible Society. The tagging was completed by the Eep Talstra Center for Bible and Computer (ETCBC) at the Free University of Amsterdam. So, it comes with the German gloss.

The morphological tagging for the BHS-T and HMT-W4 was supplied by the J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research (“The Groves Center”) at Westminster. The HMT-W4 is the more up to date out of these two.

Thank you both for the reply. How can I switch to the HMT-W4?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blgriffin83 said:

Thank you both for the reply. How can I switch to the HMT-W4?

I am glad that was helpful. :)

As far as how to switch over, I think the first thing to check is if you have the text or not. Go to your library and start typing HMT-W4 and if you have it it will show up.

If you don't have it I believe it is here
https://accordancebible.com/product/biblia-hebraica-with-westminster-hebrew-morph-4/

I hope this helps,
Kristin

1 hour ago, Jordan S said:

@Jordan S have you noticed? The HMT-W4 has an update to Morph 4.22. And they want to update the text yearly. 

10 hours ago, Kristin said:

I am glad that was helpful. :)

As far as how to switch over, I think the first thing to check is if you have the text or not. Go to your library and start typing HMT-W4 and if you have it it will show up.

If you don't have it I believe it is here
https://accordancebible.com/product/biblia-hebraica-with-westminster-hebrew-morph-4/

I hope this helps,
Kristin

Ok yes I do have it

1 hour ago, blgriffin83 said:

Ok yes I do have it

Hi blgriffin83,

Ok, that is good to know. :) Hopefully you are no longer having difficulty accessing it as a text by itself, and also as one of the combined texts. However, you are also able to add it as a combined text if it is not already one.

Take care,

Kristin

So I have confirmed that I have HMT-W4 in my library. I have the Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged (which is HMT-W4?) applied as a parallel text to my ESV. But still for some reason when I hover over a word in the ESV the instant details shows HT-ETCBC rather than HMT-W4. I've looked through the preferences but cannot see where to change this.

Since @Jordan S mentioned that the HMT-W4 is the more up-to-date option I'd really prefer to use that one instead. 

14 minutes ago, blgriffin83 said:

I've looked through the preferences but cannot see where to change this.

Hi Bilgriffin83,

Jordan will know better once he has a chance to see this, but in the meantime, have you checked Preferences --> Compare Texts and see what the OT is set for? Make sure it is the HMT. This is just a thought, so it might not be connected.

Kristin

• Like 1

By "more up to date" I was comparing BHS-T and HMT-W4. The morphology for MT-ETCBC comes from a different source, and it is current with what we have received.

Yes, @Fabian, I know. I requested this and the syntax a while back. I will follow up.

• Like 1

@Jordan S

Thanks again for your help. I'm sorry if I'm not understanding correctly but is there no way to switch from MT-ETCBC to HMT-W4 on the Instant Details?

Kristin answered that question. Preferences > Compare Texts and then choose the desired source text

Edited by Jordan S
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys.

Interestingly... after I've updated the modules, now the source text box for Hebrew shows up as blank, and I can't even select anything anymore. >.< (so stuck with the german display)

While I don't mind the Hebrew in the Instant details, I have the same problem when I go to Preferences/Compare Texts/Source Text/ OT. It does not allow me to choose any of the Hebrew texts I have.

• 1 month later...

Similar problem... following up on this. My options for OT in Preferences > Compare Texts > Source Text is grayed out and not changeable.

Any idea how to change this?

image.thumb.png.d0b467dc74fde161cdbd84093c9a4862.png