Update! Accordance 13.2.2 (Windows/macOS)

R. Mansfield

Accordance for Windows/macOS has been updated to v. 13.2.2 delivering updates to Easy Install, WiFi syncing, Italian localization, bug fixes & more. Update from within the app by selecting "Check for App Update" on the Utilities menu (Windows) or Accordance menu (macOS).

Changes
  • Easy Install info will now be cached for several minutes to help refresh the list more quickly after a download.
  • The module unlocking code dialog will now attempt to refresh the global Easy Install list, and will close if it successfully finds that the module is owned.
  • Blocked WiFi syncing of module updates that have too high a minimum version for the mobile device.
  • Italian Localization updates for 13.2.
Fixes
  • “Search For -> Key Number” would build the wrong query, causing a search failure.
  • The search mode for a Tool wouldn’t switch to “flex” after asking the user if it should.
  • Instant Details for Arabic would become garbled.
  • Construct tab searching of individual characters inside of a Clause or Phrase.
  • Superscript footnotes at the start of a verse would be ignored.
  • Hiding superscripts could sometimes hide verse references that were right next to them.
  • Links in certain modules stopped working.
  • Exporting a Paper as a docx file would erroneously add a .txt extension.
  • Installed Atlas backgrounds would show up as uninstalled in Easy Install.
  • When attempting to install Atlas/Timeline files would fail, and cause invalid entries in the Library.
  • Case that would insert long unneeded pauses during Speech for some Texts.
  • Issues opening a User Notes file that uses the old format, when it does not already exist in the User Notes folder.
  • The Expanded Timeline would fail to install.
  • Various crashes that could occur during Easy Install.
  • Crash that could occur during Live Click if the clicked word happened to have no results in the group being searched.
  • Pontential crash when doing a fresh install of Accordance during the initialization of the SetupAssistant.
  • Crash that would occur when trying to run a Slideshow.
  • Crashes when attempting to paste text in the SetupAssistant dialogs.
Windows specific changes
  • Several crashes on Windows 8.
  • Crash that would occur if an internet connection issue occurred during Easy Install.
  • Like 1

Many thanks! I installed it today.

Dave

The Apple Store still has 13.1.7 for Mac and never updated to 13.2. Any reason this was so? Will it be jumping directly to 13.2.2? Is it possible to switch from the Apple Store version to the direct download on Mac, and are there any downsides to doing so? I have an M1 Mac I am anxious to use the new version coded for Apple Silicon. Thanks. 

The Apple Store version is typically behind.

It would be a great help, but in the app I did not find "Check for App Update".

I have not found "13.2.2" even in "check for content update".

I am really fed up with accordance this time. These days I use Logos more often than ever, frankly speaking.

MacOS 11.5 (Intel corei5)

Accordance 13.1.7

The hyperlink cross ref’s in in the Photoguide overview is still not working across the Photoguide suite.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

22 minutes ago, Taiju Yamanaka said:

It would be a great help, but in the app I did not find "Check for App Update".

I have not found "13.2.2" even in "check for content update".

I am really fed up with accordance this time. These days I use Logos more often than ever, frankly speaking.

MacOS 11.5 (Intel corei5)

Accordance 13.1.7

Taiju, if you go to the menu bar and click on "Accordance", the fifth item or so on the menu should say "Check for app update." You won't find 13.2.2. in "Check for content update," since that option is for ressources and not for application updates. Hope that helps

Regarding the Mac App Store downloads, because Apple has to approve every update, they usually appear a few days after the direct download. However, if we have a problematic release (such as the issues with 13.2), we will actually hold off and release a later, more stable version. This is why the Mac App Store version is still at 13.1.7. Presumably, 13.2.2 will get released on the Mac App Store in a few days. 

In regard to updating the app, if you're running the Mac App Store version, there is no "Check for App Update" on the Accordance menu. Rather, assuming you have Mac App Store apps set to automatically update, the new version will be installed sometime after it becomes available.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:07 AM, Donald Cobb said:

Taiju, if you go to the menu bar and click on "Accordance", the fifth item or so on the menu should say "Check for app update." You won't find 13.2.2. in "Check for content update," since that option is for ressources and not for application updates. Hope that helps

Donald, thanks for your post. But I do not find "Check for app update", as Mr. Mansfield has written.
 and I mentioned "check for content update" as an additional information, anyhow.
I will decide whether I abandon Accordance in a couple of days, observing the situation, as I have lost time a lot already.

Edited by Taiju Yamanaka

6 hours ago, Taiju Yamanaka said:

Donald, thanks for your post. But I do not find "Check for app update", as Mr. Mansfield has written.
 and I mentioned "check for content update" as an additional information, anyhow.
I will decide whether I abandon Accordance in a couple of days, observing the situation, as I have lost time a lot already.

Again, if you're not finding "Check for App Update" in the Accordance menu, it's because you're using the version of Accordance from the Mac App Store, and it will update automatically as soon as the update is approved by Apple. In the meantime, if you need help, I would suggest you contact support at (407) 339-0266, support@accordancebible.com or chat during business hours.

Is there hope to see also the updated Hebrew Modules in the TEXT Search Menu? I see that (at least in my case) this issue is not solved yet.

Thanks

pbp

With the "App Store" lagging so far behind on release version(s), is there a method or process in place (that is supported by Accordance) that allows users such as myself to change over to the .dmg install? Many thanks! God bless...

14 minutes ago, Gary Gaskill said:

With the "App Store" lagging so far behind on release version(s), is there a method or process in place (that is supported by Accordance) that allows users such as myself to change over to the .dmg install? Many thanks! God bless...

I would wait. Even 13.2.2 has big bugs.

Fast scrolling of the text on my Mac will usually result in a crash. (13.2.2)