Determining what new books will be added to my collection

samuel ramac

What is the best way to determine what books will be added to my collection if I upgrade to a higher level Collection?

Thanks

Sam

Hi @samuel ramac,

If I am understanding your question correctly, I think what would be helpful for you is to compare the collections here: https://accordancebible.com/collections-comparison/

If you click on a collection, it gives a description and then down near the bottom it will list the specific products which are in each collection.

If you see a resource you find specifically interesting which is not in a collection (or is...) you can usually buy it separately. I think buying a bunch of separate resources is what a lot of people do.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

I agree with Kristin above,

I would add: Consider what appeals to you most or is an immediate necessity. Accordance seems to breakdown packages according to Graphics, Languages, Common English Research (commentaries/theology/devotionals/etc.), and then builds up from there starting with the fewest resources in the Starter, then more in the Learner, then Discoverer, then Pro, then Expert, finally the most in Master. Clearly, the price increases as you go higher and as resource types and quantities increase.

Ask yourself, what do you want most from Accordance - to learn or work with Hebrew and Greek; stunning visuals, maps, and timelines; or to read commentaries, devotionals, and writings? There is some overlap but not a lot and not of the higher resources. You really have to know what you like to use Accordance for and what resources you like to use.

Most people end up doing what Kristin says, buying an initial package that suits them best, then adding more resources to it. Just a warning, this can become expensive fairly fast as commentaries and lexicons, and other materials are quite expensive even with sales - just the way it is. I will say Accordance really seems to offer great sales of items even at times up to 75% off.

This is where soul searching is important before reviewing the variety of Accordance collections. Find the package that has most of what you want and if some items are not included - see how much they cost separately and whether that suits your budget to add them in time. Be honest with yourself and how much you are willing to spend and what materials you really want.

Do you know the "Grace Period"?

For example you purchase a collection with a discount, you can then in the next 90 days upgrade to the bigger one with the same discount. 

This is how I built my collection.

Thanks Fabian,

I actually didn't know about this, or its possible that it slipped my memory. :) However, I will keep it in mind moving forward as I purchased the graphics learner recently and I may get the English learner too.

Cheers