tiny "define" ranges or highlights box

Kristin

It would be really helpful if the "define" box for both highlights and permanent range fields was significantly larger. As it is, you can only see 7 at a time, and if you are trying to move a significant amount of highlights or ranges to a new order, it is very difficult.

Even outside of the highlight situation I am needing to reorganize the ranges to the biblical book order after creating them fairly randomly, and trying to move them all up and down is turning into a commotion. It would be helpful if you could see at least 20 of the fields, if it is not possible to see them all at the same time.

Thank you for considering this.

Kristin

I'm on Win10, but range and highlight dropdowns can fill up the whole vertical display. (I.e., they are not limited to 7 at a time.)

The thing I would like is to be able to use my scroll mouse to scroll up/down through my list of ranges. (For now, you have to use the arrow key or click on the small arrow at the bottom of the list if it is even visible. I have a large RANGE collection.)

Hi @mgvh,

Thanks for your response. What you wrote made me think that maybe it is totally different on Windows and Mac, but I would like to mention a few things just to be sure.

First of all, when I click on the range field, it is as you described, and I see ALL my ranges which I really like.

That said, I can easily click on one or another with my mouse, and I don't need to press up and down buttons.

The seven I was referring to is the edit window which I think is called "define" on Accordance. Down at the very bottom of your ranges there is this little "define" and if you click it, it brings up a little edit box where you can only see 7 ranges . When you click on define to get to the edit page, you can see more than 7?

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

Hi @mgvh,

Thanks for your response. What you wrote made me think that maybe it is totally different on Windows and Mac, but I would like to mention a few things just to be sure.

First of all, when I click on the range field, it is as you described, and I see ALL my ranges which I really like.

That said, I can easily click on one or another with my mouse, and I don't need to press up and down buttons.

The seven I was referring to is the edit window which I think is called "define" on Accordance. Down at the very bottom of your ranges there is this little "define" and if you click it, it brings up a little edit box where you can only see 7 ranges . When you click on define to get to the edit page, you can see more than 7?

For my RANGE, I have one for every book of the Bible, so it's a very long list!

Ok, for edit/define of highlights, yes, I only have 7 displayed.

7 minutes ago, mgvh said:

For the RANGES, I downloaded the one from the Exchange

http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/highlights.htm

Look for Search Ranches (v12)

Thanks for the link, and I actually didn't know the exchange had ranges. That is good to know. :) I had actually already created my own range list for every book of the Bible as well, but I had unfortunately created them in a random order, so now I am needing to fix it and trying to organize over 60 items while only seeing 7 at a time is a headache. Hopefully the edit box will be larger in the future.

Edited by Kristin
*somehow the word 7 got deleted so I added it.