I have a hard time reading the LEH Septuagint Lexicon.

waldenvik77@gmail.com

Hi

Hope someone can help med. This lexicon text is nearly impossible to read. No other lexicon or text looks like this. 

Can I somehow correct this?

Regards Martin

accordance.jpg.170062e1f32ce58829cd965a04a763f0.jpg

Make sure you have the Instant Details open, because hovering over any of the abbreviations or symbols will tell you the meaning of that link. The most confusing aspect of this lexicon is probably the statistical info that appears to the right of each lexical entry. This is a explanation of the stats from the Introduction to the LEH:

Drawing from the same CATSS files, the lexicon provides statistics informing the reader how often a word occurs in the respective books of the Greek Bible. For this purpose we classified these books in five groups of approximately the same size: the Torah, the Early Prophets including 1 and 2 Chronicles, the Later Prophets, the Writings without Chronicles, and those books which do not occur in the Hebrew Bible. A sixth figure gives the total.

1171332635_ScreenShot2021-08-02at10_08_55AM.png.0941afd491aea04696e2837982974a86.png

Thank you Mark for your answer.

I can see that your text is not blurry like mine.
When return home I will check instant detail and compare with my Macbook Air,

and see if it looks the same.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were talking about the blurriness of the font. I think you have "shadow" turned on for your hyperlinks in the LEH. To remove that, open the LEH, from the menu bar select "Display—>Set Tool Display". Select "Customize Theme" to expand your setting options and from the HyperText Style settings, uncheck "Shadow."

1246079470_ScreenShot2021-08-02at10_58_32AM.png.139122c990f0cc21b954f7b6ed775a18.png

Edited by Mark Allison

Umm... why in the world do we even offer a shadow option. Does anyone use that?

• Like 3

Rick, only The Shadow knows. ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Umm... why in the world do we even offer a shadow option. Does anyone use that?

I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine an effective use case for it. Maybe it's part of the standard OS style list, easier to keep than remove.

Thank you for the help. That solved it. I have never touched that control that I know, 

and it looked as it should on my Macbook Air.

I am very happy. Big thanks for the help.

Regards Martin

• Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 11:15 AM, Mark Allison said:

Maybe it's part of the standard OS style list, easier to keep than remove.

So, nearly dead code has been identified, which is possibly part of a bug, and you're just going to leave it??

Developers should always be looking to trim as much bloat as possible from their code base, for several reasons: speed, stability, security, etc. FYI: Accordance is the slowest  app to start up on my Windows desktop and the only app that crashes.

6 hours ago, Daniel L said:

So, nearly dead code has been identified, which is possibly part of a bug, and you're just going to leave it??

Developers should always be looking to trim as much bloat as possible from their code base, for several reasons: speed, stability, security, etc. FYI: Accordance is the slowest  app to start up on my Windows desktop and the only app that crashes.

The ability to use a shadow style isn't a bug. There might be a use case for it, I just don't know of one. I don't know of a use case for the [XOR] command either, but having either of them available isn't slowing the Accordance app in any way. 

The possible bug I referred to is based on Martin's statement, "I have never touched that control that I know."

I think Accordance would be better if the developers went by the philosophy that the burden of proof is on the existing code to prove that it has a reason to remain there.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:13 AM, Solly said:

Rick, only The Shadow knows. ;)

Solly, you are showing your age now image.png.afeb62b5642ae6451aa5c443d91f514e.pngimage.png.afeb62b5642ae6451aa5c443d91f514e.pngimage.png.afeb62b5642ae6451aa5c443d91f514e.png