re: collection comparison

Eric J. Tully

On the old Accordance website, I used to be able to align two Accordance collections side-by-side in order to go over options with my students.   Now I can't find an option to do that on the "collection comparison" page.  Am I missing something?  I recommend Accordance to my students, and that was a helpful feature for helping them choose where to jump in.

Thanks,

Eric

I concur. I noticed the same thing. It was extremely helpful and would be good especially now with their collections sale.

Now I open two internet tabs side by side and flip back and forth as I go down - not as user friendly but it works.

Hi guys,

This is more of a question out of curiosity than anything, but what is the purpose of showing different collections to students? Is this done with the aim of trying to show others the options they can purchase? It does not seem to be comparing biblical texts if I understand correctly. (I am not familiar with the old website which is part of my confusion).

There is this comparison but it takes some time to decods

https://www.accordancebible.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/CompModList21_06.pdf

but there are others here under documents

https://www.accordancebible.com/topical-articles/

Edited by ukfraser

39 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Hi guys,

This is more of a question out of curiosity than anything, but what is the purpose of showing different collections to students? Is this done with the aim of trying to show others the options they can purchase? It does not seem to be comparing biblical texts if I understand correctly. (I am not familiar with the old website which is part of my confusion).

Hi Kristin,

Yes, because of the diversity of options available and the price points of each. Some packages are weighted more heavily towards graphics, some on commentaries and resources, and others toward the different languages (Hebrew and/or Greek). There is a certain amount of crossover so seeing the packages side by side a student could see which package is suited best for them especially in comparison to what the others offered and why they were more expensive/inexpensive. Maybe one would like more English content or graphics and is ok with lesser rated language lexicons or vice versa.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

There is this comparison but it takes some time to decods

https://www.accordancebible.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/CompModList21_06.pdf

Thanks ukfraser,

This is a great list although as you say, it does require more time and decoding. The collections comparison on the website was easier visually and a great feature especially for new comers.

11 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Yes. These are excellent as far as I am concerned. I hope the poster Eric has a look at these.

Thank you, ukfraser.  That is really helpful.

My only concern now is that these PDFs will become obsolete with time and I'll need to find a more recent one somewhere. I think from the perspective of basic communication (What is the difference between "Pro," "Expert," and "Master"?) and ease of access, it would be great to have the comparison on the website.  But these are helpful.  Thank you!

The pdfs are on the website but they will need to be updated as the different releases are made. Hopefully its on the to check/update list somewhere.

but can be found under help but you you do have to extend a few drop downs to find them. 

https://www.accordancebible.com/topical-articles/

64CB895D-4E3A-4989-8FE4-4074AED5FD01.png

• Thanks 1