GNT28-T Abbreviation Key

PleaseHelp

When I hover over a word in accordance, at the bottom in the instant details window I get a English gloss I guess you would call it of the greek word.

The attributes of the word are also included at the bottom. However I am not sure what they all mean. I.e., I know that verb is a verb, but what is acc or impera?

Is there a key for these abbreviations somewhere?

A screenshot is below:

image.png.aee85bcf52f18276bbb91bb4a796fbc2.png

If you'd rather see the full words instead of the abbreviations, go to the "Instant Details" section of the Accordance Preferences and select "Full Words."

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.05.01 AM.png

• Like 4

I assume that's coming from the selected Greek Lexicon (not exactly sure).  So you can go to the Abbreviations section of that Lexicon to look them up — these abbreviations are fairly consistent across Lexicons.

Also, just for completeness — that looks like:  Verb 3rd person singular present active imperative.   

• Like 1

Thank you both for your replies. I have changed the setting and now can see the full words.

Regarding if I am using the Selected Greek Lexicon, how do I tell what instant details is using/can I change it?

Thank you for your help.

@PleaseHelp, in the screenshot Mark provided above, up at the very top is "General" then under it is "Amplify" and you can set dictionaries there.

I hope this helps.

Kristin

Thank you. Mine is set to Mounces Greek Dictionary yet when I look at the abbreviations at the begging of the book, "impera" is not listed. This is what was throwing me off.

The full words in setting have done the trick, I was just curious why the abbreviations in the lexicon don't match what was in instant details.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:59 PM, PleaseHelp said:

I was just curious why the abbreviations in the lexicon don't match what was in instant details.

The Instant Details abbreviations are independent of any particular lexicon. Abbreviations can differ from one lexicon to another—there isn't necessarily a standard.