Accordance crashing out of nowhere!

A. Smith

I am working on Bel and Dragon (daniel 14 in LXX1 and other modules) and as I am editing my user notes, the entire program will crash without warning (like 5 times so far today!). I only have one workspace open with LXX1 with NETS1, NETS1 Notes, and my user notes in parallel and am not doing anything unusual on my computer. The only things I can say that have changed from what I normally do is 1) I do not normally work on 'daniel 14' and maybe Accordance doesn't like this (for example, the versification of LXX1 and NETS1 is not the quite same for 'daniel 14') and 2) I accepted the latest osx update (I guess that's 10.5.7, at least that's what's running on my computer.) I updated last night and today is the first time I've opened Accordance since the update. Updater says there are no Accord updates. Any ideas? This has NEVER happened before and I usually hold the speed and stability of Accord up as a model for others. Thanks.

I suspect the User Notes module, maybe because of the corpus, as you suggest. If you get no crashes without that Notes, please zip and email me a copy of the file.

I suspect the User Notes module, maybe because of the corpus, as you suggest. If you get no crashes without that Notes, please zip and email me a copy of the file.

Just fyi, in all my other work in LXX and this notes file, this doesn't happen. It seems unique to Bel and Dragon.

LXX_translation_copy.zip

• 3 months later...

Just fyi, in all my other work in LXX and this notes file, this doesn't happen. It seems unique to Bel and Dragon.

I just had the same sort of crash, except it was for Ex 2:21 (BHS-W4). As soon as I clicked "Update" in the User Notes, Accordance vanished! I didn't even get a Mac OS X dialog saying that the program unexpectedly quit. I entered the note again after relaunching, and it worked fine.

I wasn't doing anything unusual, just pasting in text from outside and italicizing some words. Yesterday I installed the AGOSP-T module, and then updated LXX1 from v. 4.0 to 4.4. This was the first note I entered since updating these two.

I'm using Accordance 8.2.3 on Mac OS X 10.5.8.

My accordance has begun crashing whenever I switch between programs (command-tab). This does not happen everytime, but it occurs often. Latest version and Snow Leopard

Dick:

Is 8.3.1 still crashing with command-tab?

It seems to be working now. I believe the problem occurred when using the accordance widget. But I have not been able to duplicate the problem recently. I have downloaded and installed 8.3.1. Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Dick Roberts

McKenzie Bible Fellowship

Archived