lexeme search error in Accordance iOS 3.2.5 on old iPad and new iPhone

Michael J. Bolesta

I amplified from Tyndale House GNT in parallel with LSB, searching for the lexeme.

IMG_0038.thumb.PNG.ff8dbc860377b4de9809367059a7895e.PNG

The word clearly exists, but note the error message:

IMG_0037.thumb.PNG.a470a9ae0f728b4cde4268791bcb1344.PNG

I had a similar experience yesterday amplifying Ἑλληνιστὰς from Acts 11:20 to NA28-T. I had the same experience on my iPhone. I could successfully search for κύριον. Is this an issue for uncommon words?

Accordance for iOS 3.2.5 (3.2.4.13671) , [iOS 14.7 iPhone 12]

Accordance for iOS 3.2.5 (3.2.4.13671) [iOS 10.3.3 iPad 4th generation]

Hi Michael,

Have you tried another English Bible and Greek text? I don't have the THGNT, but using the NA28 and ESV I can search both of those words as lexemes or key numbers without an issue. If I am not mistaken, these words are just not tagged in the texts you are mentioning.

• Like 1

Thank you Kristin. I report this as an bug in iOS Accordance. The word clearly exists in the text in both instances. I was searching for other occurrences in the same text. The search for selected word works correctly in macOS Accordance (both examples I cited). My observation is that Ἑλληνιστὰς only occurs 3 time in the GNT, and Ῥόδη is a happy. These are uncommon words, but this could be a coincidence. I tried the more common κύριον and the search worked correctly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

Thank you Kristin. I report this as an bug in iOS Accordance. The word clearly exists in the text in both instances. I was searching for other occurrences in the same text. The search for selected word works correctly in macOS Accordance (both examples I cited). My observation is that Ἑλληνιστὰς only occurs 3 time in the GNT, and Ῥόδη is a happy. These are uncommon words, but this could be a coincidence. I tried the more common κύριον and the search worked correctly.

I can confirm that this is an iPad bug. I get the correct result with THGNT for Ῥόδη in my MacBook Air (one hit) but I get the same error message as you on my iPad. Same with Ἑλληνιστής. Interestingly, if I type in Ἑλληνιστής, I get the correct results. But with the "=" sign preceding the lexeme, it gives the same error sign. So the problem may be there.

• Like 1