printing a user tool

Kristin

I am sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a way to print a User Tool? I have a huge user tool and it really needs to printed so I can look at everything at once and organize it.

I tried doing a "copy all" to paste it too something like OpenOffice or whatever to print it, but the copy function is blocking me saying I am trying to copy too much material.

Thanks for any help anyone is able to provide.

Kristin

You should just be able to open the user tool in a tab and then go to the File-> Print ... menu option.

I don't know if the vs limit will apply on printing or not. If so you may have to print in chunks.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thank you, Λύχνις Δαν. :) When I just pressed Command P it just tried to print a page, but going to file print gives me the option to print.

However, if you don't mind, I am still running into a weird issue. It says it will be over 100 pages. I thus need to make the font smaller (it is at 14 and I need to set it to 12 or maybe 10 pt). I don't think that I can do anything from the print tab to make it smaller, and I think the only option I have to select my entire tool and set it to a smaller font, and then print, and then after printing set it all back to my normal font. However, since the tool has headings and subheadings I am worried that messing with the font of a document over 100 pages long will make Accordance crash and I will lose my tool. Do you think this is a concern or no?

Thanks for any thoughts you have,

Kristin

If you are concerned, and certainly it's a lot of work at that length, then make a copy of the user tool file to use just for the print operation.

Close the user tool.

Go to the finder and locate the user tool file itself. It should be under ~/Documents/Accordance Files/User Tools and make a copy of it.

Open the copied UT in Acc - you'll have to use File->Open and navigate to the file because the library won't know about it. Modify the text and print from it. Then once you have the print, you can close the copied UT and delete it.

This way you never do the potentially risky operation on the real file.

Thx

D

• Like 1