vowel pointing for OT Peshitta

Outis

Hello,

I was wondering if there would be a way to add the vowel pointing to the OT Peshitta text.  The NT Peshitta has the vowels. And that makes it so very much easier to read. The OT is largely inaccessible to me at a practical level, since I don't have the expertise to map out what the vowels should be in Syriac.  Even after years of study in Hebrew, I'd find it hard in Hebrew to read without the proper pointings.  How much more so is it in Syriac.  So, my request is that someone would look into adding the vowel points to the OT Peshitta.

Thanks,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outis said:

Hello,

I was wondering if there would be a way to add the vowel pointing to the OT Peshitta text.  The NT Peshitta has the vowels. And that makes it so very much easier to read. The OT is largely inaccessible to me at a practical level, since I don't have the expertise to map out what the vowels should be in Syriac.  Even after years of study in Hebrew, I'd find it hard in Hebrew to read without the proper pointings.  How much more so is it in Syriac.  So, my request is that someone would look into adding the vowel points to the OT Peshitta.

Thanks,

+1

• Like 1

I would be very happy to have a Peshitta OT with vowels, although I expect Accordance would have to find a scholar interested in doing the work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Check the https://www.gorgiaspress.com/surath-kthob

For The Antioch Bible Series provides both the text of the Syriac Bible (called the “Peshitta”) and an up-to-date English translation. The Syriac is fully vocalized and pointed so that readers at any level will be able to work with it – from beginners who are just starting to learn the language to experienced scholars who want to work with a vocalized text. On each facing page, an English translation has been prepared by a member of an international (and inter-faith) team of scholars, so that both the Syriac and English can be studied together. [Bold is from me]

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fabian said:

Check the https://www.gorgiaspress.com/surath-kthob

For The Antioch Bible Series provides both the text of the Syriac Bible (called the “Peshitta”) and an up-to-date English translation. The Syriac is fully vocalized and pointed so that readers at any level will be able to work with it – from beginners who are just starting to learn the language to experienced scholars who want to work with a vocalized text. On each facing page, an English translation has been prepared by a member of an international (and inter-faith) team of scholars, so that both the Syriac and English can be studied together. [Bold is from me]

Interesting, but the Accordance module would have to be a lot cheaper than the printed volumes for me to be able to buy it.

1 minute ago, jlm said:

Interesting, but the Accordance module would have to be a lot cheaper than the printed volumes for me to be able to buy it.

This would be 2 texts for Accordance. 1. The vocalized and pointed Syriac text. And 2. the English translation. 

7 hours ago, Fabian said:

This would be 2 texts for Accordance. 1. The vocalized and pointed Syriac text. And 2. the English translation. 

Yes, I understood that. Both are interesting to me, but not so interesting that I would pay over $100 per volume. The price would have to be an order of magnitude lower.