Workspace question

Kristin

This is a super basic question, but I have a question about saved Workspaces. My understanding is if you save a Workspace you can do whatever, then when you close it and re-open it, it will re-open to the original workspace. (Apart from edits you have made such as notes or highlights or whatever).

With this as a preface, I made some pretty drastic changes to a saved Workspace, so I went to the "File --> Save" to save the changes, but the "Save" was grayed out from the auto-save, which I think is saving the session, but not changes to the saved Workspace.

Assuming my understanding of Workspaces is correct, how can you make modifications to a saved space?

Thank you to anyone who can clarify this,

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

I've definitely experienced similar. I don't exactly know what actions trigger Acc to enable File -> Save.

I usually modify something else in ws so the File -> Save button is enabled and then save and that seems to work. Something structural like opening a tab and closing it or something I think works. You could also do File -> Save As ... I think Save and Save as apply to the workspace. There is a separate File-> Save Session ... menu option.

Thx

D

• Like 1

If you've made a change, you should be able to click on "save as". That will prompt you to overwrite the existing file (so click "yes"). BTW, I believe that opening a previously saved workspace will open up the same panes and the same resources to the same spot (i.e., verse and chapter, etc.). But if you have changed the highlights to one of those resources opened up in another workspace, when you open up your saved workspace, the highlighting will reflect the changes made in the meantime. In other words, saving workspaces and and saving highlights are two separate things, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1