Make Installer File Available Outside App Stores

Daniel L

As I see that version 2.2.2 still has not been added to the Amazon app store, it reminds me that people really should have access to the APK files anyway. Advantages: no middle man (and bad things that the middle man might do), local backups, local older versions for reverting due to bugs. Be sure to inform us of the hashes to verify file integrity.

If you know what's been going on in the world in recent months, you should recognize what a critical vulnerability it is to allow Big Tech, which now openly includes government, to be gatekeepers for accessing Bible software and Christian literature. :ph34r:

Maybe @Mike Garrity can let us know what the hold up is from Amazon.

Hi Daniel,

Sorry about the delayed response, we did have some issues with posting version 2.2.2 on the Amazon app store and are actively working on a solution. 

I have a couple of questions:

• What device and OS version are you using for Accordance?
  • Is your device setup to sideload APK files?

Mike

PMed details to Mike...

Yes, I have sideloaded APK files with it. In fact, I've installed Google Play Store on the Amazon device. :lol: So, I could have originally installed Accordance from there. But now I can't update the app from there since it was installed from the Amazon appstore. I've installed many Accordance resources, so I didn't want to have to delete everything and start over from Google Play.

You should consider putting Accordance in other app "stores," like F-Droid and Aptoide. Those store apps have to be sideloaded themselves, but they keep their apps updated without manual downloading and sideloading. But more importantly, to ensure access without third parties, you should simply make the Accordance APKs available on the Accordance downloads web page.

• Like 1