Turn off hits?

mgvh

This seems like it should be a really simple question that I should have figured out long ago.

Let's say I run a search for a word, and it returns hits in 50 verses.

To 'see' the text better, I now want to keep those verses but turn off the hit highlighting.

Is there an easy way to do so?

Going into text display preferences and choosing "hide word highlighting" doesn't seem to do it.

Thanks!

Hi @mgvh, I don't know if there is an official way to do it, but the one sort of work around I can think of is after you do the search, do a copy of the references and paste the references in a new tab.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

• Like 1

Thanks, @Kristin. That's the workaround I've been using. On Windows, I can mainly do it via keyboard: CTRL-A to select all verses; CTRL-ALT-R to copy as references only; tab to get to command line, CTRL-V to paste in refs; ENTER

If you do this a lot set up a ws with two tabs one where you type the search, the second on the same text with a prepopulated search [CONTENTS tab1].

The second tab will have the unhighlighted verses

Thx

D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

If you do this a lot set up a ws with two tabs one where you type the search, the second on the same text with a prepopulated search [CONTENTS tab1].

The second tab will have the unhighlighted verses

Thx

D

That's a great idea! Thanks, Dan!

You could also change the "Search Highlighting" options in your Text Display Preferences to something less jarring. You could use the same color as your display text and just bold the hits. Or have no formatting at all, just make the hits a slightly darker or lighter color. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

You could also change the "Search Highlighting" options in your Text Display Preferences to something less jarring. You could use the same color as your display text and just bold the hits. Or have no formatting at all, just make the hits a slightly darker or lighter color. 

This works! Instead of bold red, I changed to a bold burgundy, and that is still visible without being so jarring.

I'll still use CONTENTS workaround for a totally clean text.

Thanks!

• Like 1