Semantic Flows

KCarmanIII

Would love to see a feature that could generate the semantic flow of a text for you. I can do it myself but would be a game changer time management wise if Accordance could do it for me.

Can I ask,  what is a semantic flow ?

Thx

D

20 hours ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

Can I ask,  what is a semantic flow ?

Thx

D

its another name for a mechanical layout. Ive seen it called multiple different names but in Seminary we called it a semantic flow.

1 hour ago, KCarmanIII said:

its another name for a mechanical layout. Ive seen it called multiple different names but in Seminary we called it a semantic flow.

You're gonna hate me for this - what's a mechanical layout ?

Feel free to post a link to something. If I know what it is I might be able to answer the question - I don't think it's a syntax chart. I think it might be like a sentence diagram but at the semantic level - based on what a web search returned me. If so then I don't know of anything in Acc that does that.

EDIT: Ok I looked up mechanical layout it appears to be a semantic layout based on breaking up thoughts in sentences and trying to layout the structure of the thought. I don't know of anything like this in Accordance myself. I am not sure how such a flow could be generated by code, but a module containing the flow someone thought was present could be done in a module. But I'm sure there wouldn't be just one answer on what the correct flow was.

Thx

D

Edited by Λύχνις Δαν

Hmm, this sounds much like Bill Mounce's phrasing exercises.

—Joseph

5 minutes ago, Solly said:

Hmm, this sounds much like Bill Mounce's phrasing exercises.

—Joseph

Yeah that's what I thought too

Thx

D