Superscripts Lost & Issues with Highlights (BHS-T)

Martin Z

I have quit a few issues with the BHS-T module.

1. All the textual notes superscripts (a, b, c, etc.) have disappeared.

2. I wanted to remove all the highlights in this module. I searched for [STYLE highlight] and did find many. I then cleared all the highlights. But, there are still many highlighted words left.

3. When I do another [STYLE highlight] search, it found one instance, the letter Samek, which is not highlighted. But there are many words that are still highlighted. See the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.5188718684147c910ec0bc5419448b30.png

Accordance 13.2.0.

MacOS 11.4.

Edit:  I deleted a few highlight styles from the highlight style edit window. The highlights are now gone. 

The Samek does not show any sign of highlights, but I selected a text that includes the letter (I was not able to select the letter alone) and chose to remove the highlight. After that, a search for [STYLE highlight] no longer returns any results. All highlights have been cleared.

Edited by martinacc

• Martin Z changed the title to Superscripts Lost & Issues with Highlights (BHS-T)

More issues.

The same search on BHS-T (left) and HMT-W4 (right). The BHS-T module highlights many wrong words. Maybe it is because the superscripts have disappeared and highlights are a few words off?

PxsHkbD.png

Hi @martinacc,

I unfortunately can't help, but I have a similar issue with the ESV where the highlights were "off." Some highlights seemed to just appear, while other highlights seemed to be shifted, highlighting parts of other words.

Obviously deleting highlight files as an only resolution is not practical. I recently created a new highlight file to start over since I had so many issues, and I am concerned of the same thing happening again.

@Silas Marrs, would you mind please taking a look at this? While it might not be, I think it is the same issue that I experienced and I am hoping we cant get to the root of what is going on before I put too much work into this new highlight file.

Respectfully,

Kristin

Same issue with BHS-T superscripts.  All disappeared.

Seems something is affecting a bunch of version 2.0 Hebrew modules.

Hi @jpstorms,

While that is not good, it is for sure not just the Hebrew, as the issue you and martinacc are experiencing I have had happen in the ESV. :(

If possible @martinacc and jpsorms, please don't delete any corrupted files. Silas might need you to send something to him for diagnostics.

@Silas Marrs

I am afraid I need to bring it to your attention that I am having issues with the new highlight style also. Last night I went through ALL the instances of "the Son of Man" in the NT and made highlights, yet look at this today.

I am deeply concerned since it takes hours to do these highlights and I can't use them if they shift or disappear.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-20 um 08.24.29.png

Not sure if this will solve all our issues, but potential workaround that seems to work for BHS-T and HMT-W4:

I deleted the affected modules (both recently updated to version 2.0) from Accordance for iOS and reinstalled them.

This installed a previous version 1.8 for both.  Both work fine for me.

For now, don't upgrade back to 2.0.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jpstorms said:

I deleted the affected modules (both recently updated to version 2.0) from Accordance for iOS and reinstalled them.

Thanks for sharing it. I deleted the BHS-T module on my Mac and redownloaded it. All superscripts are back!

11 hours ago, Kristin said:

If possible @martinacc and jpsorms, please don't delete any corrupted files. Silas might need you to send something to him for diagnostics.

I've deleted the highlight style, but not the highlight file. I can probably restore the old file if it is needed.

Edit:

After the superscripts come back, the highlights of the search results also show correctly.

image.thumb.png.08b92a0423b2d3023c69a9e8f6db360d.png

Edit2:

The version of the latest download is 1.8. I guess v2.0 was pulled back?

image.png.9b3ed9127c5e8d168be22631199a5d54.png

Edited by martinacc
  • Like 1