Construct search WITHIN NOT within a WITHIN

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

If I try this search :

sc.jpg.d4386993668999dde965c14c7ae333fb.jpg

I get this message:

sc.jpg.1c6a644fce85fed4721a285cc1b5ff48.jpg

I've never really understood why. Why is an out WITHIN required and what function does it perform ?

If I add one I have to also add another constituent to link it to which then perturbs the results I am looking for.

All I want to express is that there not be a conjunction (in this example case, but in others something else) with in 5 words preceding my VERB, and perhaps also respecting the CLAUSE boundaries in the syntax case.

Does anyone know and can you explain the purpose of the outer WITHIN or is this something that can be fixed ?

Thx

D

Ok I know what this is about now.

The point here is that you want the lex with in some distance, from a word, but also not within a certain number of words. So I would for example put a WITHIN in the above say being WITHIN 10. Then the search would find a conj preceding the verb by between 5 and 10 words. So no closer to the verb than 5 words and no further than 10 words away.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Hi Λύχνις Δαν,

Would you mind posting a screenshot of how you fixed it? I am kind of visual. :)

Thanks,

Kristin

So say I want to find a subjunctive first plural verb preceded by καἰ between 20 and 5 words beforehand. So not within 5 words of the verb and no further than 20 words ahead. I would use this:

sc.thumb.jpg.9fb5af6375ce684577c9da4dd672c187.jpg

Thx

D

• Like 2