Research Crash in 13.2

ChristianB

As long as I use just a one word query it is working but if it gets more "complex" it chrashes. The screenshot is from just before the crash. I don't even know what VDC2014 Note is …1274520815_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-16um10_55_56.thumb.png.82f5e791a2c20ef394fea6e78ed32608.png

Edited by ChristianB

2 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Run in Preferences „Rebuild Research Cache“.

Thanks. Unfortunately it's still the same. I acutally installed everything fresh. Still very buggy. This is just one of many. 

It seems a module is buggy. I had this before also one time. Mark had then need to update the module. 
have you tried the Research without the VDC Notes?

VDC2014 must be the east European notes. Hungary or Romanian. 
Ich glaube das brauchts du nicht. Aber falls es dieses Modul ist, wäre es gut wenn du den Fehler melden würdest. 

Edited by Fabian

23 minutes ago, Fabian said:

VDC2014 must be the east European notes. Hungary or Romanian. 
Ich glaube das brauchts du nicht. Aber falls es dieses Modul ist, wäre es gut wenn du den Fehler melden würdest. 

Ok. Now it is hanging on NGÜ Notes 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-16 um 12.18.58.png

Edited by ChristianB

It seems to have to do with the setting. If I pick Unicode it works. But none of my tools are searched in that case … only texts. 

Hello Christian

I have no problem to run your queries in Research. No Problem with VDC2014 or the NGÜ Notes.

May you start Accordance in the safe mode and check the possible marks.

1951664968_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-16um15_33_19.thumb.png.1007551ce34140424e2724483cd456ca.png

Then rebuild the Research Cache new.

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Still the same. Maybe it is M1 related? Not sure. 

It also crashes when selecting "Verses". Only "Unicode" "works" so far … but as I said it does not search anything besides texts even when set to "All"

Edited by ChristianB

Are all of your modules up-to date? Do you have done a fresh install it on the M1. Or taken it from the old Mac (except the User Bibles)?

24 minutes ago, ChristianB said:

Still the same. Maybe it is M1 related? Not sure. 

It also crashes when selecting "Verses". Only "Unicode" "works" so far … but as I said it does not search anything besides texts even when set to "All"

Small correction if I select "all texts" and than "verses" it works … but only if I don't scroll to far. Because there is some white space at the end of the list and it seems that there is some issue with that aswell. 

15 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Are all of your modules up-to date? Do you have done a fresh install it on the M1. Or taken it from the old Mac (except the User Bibles)?

I updated in the app. After that Accordance had issues loading the last session and crashed before I could do anthing. Than I deleted all related files … cashes, prefs  … everything and did a fresh install.  So I at least could start the app … but than ran into all those other issues. 

I have an M1 and still have the same problem after starting in safe mode and selecting everything in the "Clean up." Still crashes.

I don't have the problem on an older machine with an Intel Mac.

• Thanks 1

Can someone on an M1 run this in Rosetta and tell me if the same crash occurs?

22 minutes ago, Silas Marrs said:

Can someone on an M1 run this in Rosetta and tell me if the same crash occurs?

With Rosetta it seems to work fine. 

• Thanks 1