tagged incorrectly, or am I missing something?

Kristin

I noticed this before but didn't say anything since it is a Hebrew question, but if finally occurred to me that it might be tagged incorrectly.

Could someone please clarify if this is a technical issue or if I am just truly missing something here?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-14 um 17.39.15.png

Hi Kristin, the tetragrammaton is not in this verse - the pronoun hu is referring to YHWH which is just in v21. To compare (as a help) look at the way Young translates it in his (admittedly old) "literal translation" whatever that may mean.

1 Kgs 22:22 and he saith, I go out, and have been a spirit of falsehood in the mouth of all his prophets; and He saith, Thou dost entice, and also thou art able; go out and do so.

Hope that helps. So yes, it is a "Hebrew" thing.

• Like 1

Hi @Ken Simpson,

Thank you very much, and I am relieved that I have not forgotten how to read Hebrew. :) Since his name is not in the text, why is it displayed as such in the Instant details? Normally when the NIV adds words it says "Not Directly Translated" yet here it displays Hebrew.

Thank you for any clarification you are able to provide.

Sincerely,

Kristin

• Like 1

If I’m correct the  names and pronouns are interchangeable in the NIV. As it is not a “literal translation”. 

Hi Fabian,

I agree with your assessment of the NIV not being literal, but I thought the Instant Details showing Hebrew was about the Hebrew. But I don't understand why the Instant Details are showing details about a fictitious word which is not in the text.

Hi @Kristin, I am not on the tagging team so I can’t tell you the thinking behind what is done. Sometimes there are just oversights in the tagging. The G/K tagging is provided to us by Biblia as far as I am aware. So we don’t have a lot of control over it I think.  You can always “report a correction” and something may get reviewed. 
It’s a fair point you make though. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification, Ken, I appreciate it. :)

No problem. Always to happy to muddy the waters for clarification….

• Like 1