Rubbish Forum Search Engine

Hello 

The old forum software was rubbish, because it was not able to search for words with only 3 letters. So it was not able to search for "ESV". 

The new forum software is not able to search in a specific forum (Mac bug swatters or so) plus a participant. I cannot search in Mac bug swatters, with me as participants or to filter me as tread starter plus the word "Research". 

Come on, this is not an improvement if we lost one search capabilities to gain another one. This is only a shift. 

Fabian

And to do a search is rubbish too. We have to go to 2 or 3 different places to find what we want.

Fabian

You can search a specific forum or forums, and you can specify the member who wrote the post. You cannot distinguish who started the thread as far as I can tell. But I was able to find this thread by searching in forums Bug Swatters, Forum Comments and with your name in the Search by Author field and look for the word rubbish.

You can do this by going to Activity -> Search (or click directly on the spyglass icon in the search box) and then select Content Type "topics". Then you can select the forums you want to search. Then select +Search by Author and in the search by author field type in the member name.

Thx

D

• Thanks 1

Thanks.

Edited by Fabian