Difference between GNT-Textus Receptus and GNT-Textus Receptus with Strong's

mgvh

What actually is the difference between GNT-Textus Receptus and GNT-Textus Receptus with Strong's?

I realize the obvious answer (!), but even the former has a link to Strong's via the NRSV.

They do have different info underlying the analysis of a word and that means that the former allows for searches on lexeme, root, tag. Searches with the latter only allow word and key number.

The reason I ask is that if I pull up the texts in parallel and click Compare, there are many blue line differences noted, but I can't see what's different.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The short answer is that the GNT-Textus Receptus is morphologically tagged and the GNT-Textus Receptus with Strong's isn't. Because it was much less expensive to produce, the GNT-Textus Receptus with Strong's is less than half the price, and was offered in some of our less expensive packages. 

That means if you want to triple-click on a word and open up a Greek lexicon, you can do that in both Texts. But if you want to search for imperative verbs (for example), you can only do that with the GNT-Textus Receptus.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3