Multiple versions of files in "Accordance Files" folder

Steve Chang

Hello friends. After launching Accordance on one of my three Macs recently and opening certain workspace I want to use, I received a "Where is the file 'workspaceX'?" notice. Then, I noticed that there are multiple versions of workspace, user notes, and user tools files in my Accordance Files folder such that there are "workspace.accord" and then "workspace 1.accord", for example. Also, "user tool.acc7" and "user tool 1.acc7" and even "user tool 2.acc7"... Anyone know how to fix this or what's happening?

Specs:

Running Accordance 13.1.7 on MacOS 10.15.7 (on three Macs, 2 desktops and 1 laptop)

Accordance Folder lives in the "Documents" folder of all three Macs which is also synced with iCloud Drive.

Hello Steve

I know whats happening with x.acc7. Because I'm not innocent here. I had problem in the past with the library and User Tools. The problem was, because I had imported the same filename as User Tool as it was in the User Tool. As solution Accordance now count up a new import of User Tool if you import it with an existing one.

In User Bibles a new import overwrite the old one, but not in User Tools. This was never the case. 

To prevent to count up like Test.acc7 and by the next import Test1.acc7, you have to delete the Test.acc7 first before you import it again. 

Maybe the count up behavior is now in the Workspace too, to prevent problems of two identical names entries in the library.

For more information the developers has to answer.

Fabian

If you are syncing using iCloud, I'd recommend making sure that it's the only service that is syncing.  As for how to fix it, delete the files you don't want from your Accordance library.  If they aren't in your Accordance library, delete them directly from finder.

Thanks Fabian. Very helpful. I don't remember ever importing any User Tools or Workspaces. I have replaced the "Accordance Files" folder from one Mac to another, to get the same Module organization. I can't remember if I copied that folder when I first installed Accordance in any of my Macs. Yes, it is trying to avoid identical names, but I'm not sure why...

Edited by Steve Chang

Thank you Silas. I just checked and I have "Dropbox sync" turned off; haven't used Dropbox for some time now. For iCloud sync, I'm assuming that just letting the "Accordance Files" folder live in the Documents folder, which itself is synced with iCloud drive online, is enough. Otherwise, there is no option to "sync with icloud" on Accordance.  I will try cleaning up the Accordance folder (on all 3 Macs?) and deleting all the duplicates (keep the original without the _1, _2, _3 version numbers). Thanks again...

16 minutes ago, Steve Chang said:

Thanks Fabian. Very helpful. I don't remember ever importing any User Tools or Workspaces. I have replaced the "Accordance Files" folder from one Mac to another, to get the same Module organization. I can't remember if I copied that folder when I first installed Accordance in any of my Macs. Yes, it is trying to avoid identical names, but I'm not sure why...

Because I had problems in the past with identical names. Or better my Accordance had problems in the past.