Unlinking search text from display text

Randy Steffens II

Hi!  I just upgraded to Acc 13.  In the Acc 11 version I've been using, there is a preference field to allow unlinking of search text from display text - so that the two could be change independently.  Right now, if you change one, you change the other.  In other words, they currently have to both be the same.  

Where is the preference to unlink these in Acc 13 as with Acc 11?

See image below.

Thanks!

Randy

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.46.13 AM.png

OK I figured it out. Go to Preferences > Search Tabs and uncheck the box that says "Always display search text pane".

That unlinks search text and display text.

Thanks! 

• Like 3

I am glad you figured it out!  And I'm curious what make it useful to have them set differently?  I'm not certain since I didn't program that part.

7 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

I am glad you figured it out!  And I'm curious what make it useful to have them set differently?  I'm not certain since I didn't program that part.

Well, I can’t answer for Randy, but it used to be really useful when I would search for a word in a more literal text (say NASB) but wanted to see what the results said in my reading text (NIV). As I got better In my languages i needed it less but I definitely can see a use for it. 

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 2

That makes sense, Ken!  I knew there would be a use, since we put in the option, I just wasn't sure what it was.