Accordance for Windows on WINE/CrossOver on Linux

Nathan Parker

I've setup a test Linux machine just to play around with so I can get the feel for Linux.

I know there has been discussion on a potential web-based version of Accordance in the future that could possibly allow us to read our Accordance modules in a web browser (super handy on Linux).

I'm also curious to hear if anyone here has ever attempted to run Accordance for Windows on WINE or CrossOver on Linux. I know it's not supported, and if it doesn't fully function, there's no technical support for it, but I'm just curious to hear if anyone has actually given it a try and had any success or not, just for the fun of it.

Thanks!

There are a number of threads on the forum about Accordance under Wine or Crossover and all carry the flavor of less than stellar results. This has been my experience, too, and I'm working to succeed for even more than just the fun of it. Every time a new version of Wine is released, I give it another shot and try to figure out what system libraries are still missing, but insufficient joy thus far.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Thanks for the update! Seems the web-based version will be great for Linux users.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Accordance with Linux for some time now. I'm using version 10.4.5 as later versions have given me fits (the interface flashes and is largely unusable). Everything works, though updating / installing content always takes two attempts. Everything else works for me. I am running Accordance via wine (not Crossover) on openSUSE Leap 15.3.

Sounds good. I may give Accordance 10 a try on my text Linux machine just for fun.