Badges on my profile page

docdave

Hi All,

I recently started noticing badges on my Accordance profile page, and while for the most part they are self explanatory, I had a few questions. For example, I have a badge called "One Month Later," marking a month since I joined the forum. At the upper left part of the badge it says "Rare" and I wondered what that means. At the lower right of the badge is the number 30, and I couldn't figure out what that means either.

Many thanks!

Dave

• Like 1

I don't know but all my badges are annotated with rare at present

Thx

D

• Like 1

Often on forums and such 'Rare' means not many have achieved it, at least thus far. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScottDF said:

Often on forums and such 'Rare' means not many have achieved it, at least thus far. 

That's what I would have expected. It appears that various things like rank haven't carried over to the new forums and are slowly building up.

Thx

D

• Like 1

So I guess ... the race is on for all the bling!!

Edited by Timothy Hall
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ScottDF said:

Yes, I was thinking this is probably the case also, but I couldn't understand how being on the forum for 1 month could qualify as a rare event. I think I also have one for 1 week on the forum which is also labeled "Rare"! 

16 hours ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

I don't know but all my badges are annotated with rare at present

Thx

D

Yes, all of mine are labeled as Rare also.

At the beginning of using a system like this, everything is going to be Rare, unless they take into account previous activity, which it doesn't look like happened. I'd give it a few months and see how things fall out. This would work out pretty well for a brand new forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottDF said:

At the beginning of using a system like this, everything is going to be Rare, unless they take into account previous activity, which it doesn't look like happened. I'd give it a few months and see how things fall out. This would work out pretty well for a brand new forum. 

Oh, OK...I get it now! That makes sense to me!

I found these listings in the forum settings. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 11.25.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 11.25.35 AM.png

• Like 2

Hi Rick,

Thank you for the screenshot. :) Could you explain what "rare" by all of the badges mean? A few people have mentioned that "rare" on forums often means unique, but all of our badges say it, so it seems to mean something other than that.

• Like 1

I don't know for certain, but I believe Scott is probably right--with it being a new system, right now, everything is rare.

• Like 3

"Rare" means that the number of people who have earned the achievement is less than a certain value which can be configured in the forum settings.

Source:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/drum-roll-please…-announcing-achievements-r1227/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-221637

• Thanks 2

There is an indication of the points needed but there does seem any description of what a point actually is. 

This reminds me if the best commentaries website where resources are given scores but there is no indication of how the score is calculated. Im guessing its all based on something similar to the Triganic Pu and Ningi.

7E86B2BF-B2AE-4F3D-AB23-27673C73CE80.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Haha 1