help with graphs

Kristin

Is there a way to limit the graphs to only focus on the testament which contains the Greek or Hebrew? I am trying to see where a Greek word occurs most frequently and the graph is not really usable since most of the pane is used up by the OT. Likewise, is there a better way to accomplish seeing in which book a word occurs most?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Sincerely,

Kristin

13326645_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-14um17_11_02.thumb.png.6728e86b428caa65fcaeabe35d887f63.png

The Graph shows you what you have searched!

If you only want the NT, you have to limit the search to the NT. Hint: The RANGE Commands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fabian said:

The Graph shows you what you have searched!

If you only want the NT, you have to limit the search to the NT. Hint: The RANGE Commands.

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for the response. I had searched a Greek key in the ESV, so I figured it would show the range where the key potentially occurs. (The Greek key is obviously not in the ESV OT), but you are correct that once I told it to look only in the NT it worked. Thank you for your help. :)

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for the response. I had searched a Greek key in the ESV, so I figured it would show the range where the key potentially occurs. (The Greek key is obviously not in the ESV OT), but you are correct that once I told it to look only in the NT it worked. Thank you for your help. :)

Thats strange. Which [KEY?]

Hello Kristin

May you have to report this as an error.

5 hours ago, Fabian said:

Hello Kristin

May you have to report this as an error.

Hi Fabian,  it was key G4151. The key does not really matter though, as that is how it is for any key. Other GK words will include the OT, and OT keys will include the NT. I will go ahead and report this.

Thanks for letting me know, and that is really strange that the graphs on my end show the OT for it (and for other keys) and the NT for OT keys. I wrote Accordance about this.

Kristin, I don't think this is a bug or an error.  When graphing, Accordance always shows your results within the full context of the range specified (or [All Text] if not specified).  While it feels intuitive to you that a [KEY G*] search will only have NT results, what is the limit?  What if you search for something that only occurs in the book of John - if your graph only shows John, you may not know where John is in the corpus, or not be sure that there weren't other results elsewhere.

So just remember, you'll always see the full range graphed, regardless of results.  You can always zoom into the graph, or adjust the Range Condition of the search to reduce this.

Finally, this is one of the few areas where a Range Condition differs from a [RANGE ___] command, as the latter does not affect graph scales.

• Like 3

Hello Kristin

I see it now. Hits per 12000 or more words isn't exact on the floor it strives also other books with no hit. You can see it if you play with the slider.

Hi @Joel Brown, thank you for clarifying, and that makes sense. :)@Fabian, you mentioned above "By my [KEY g4151] only the NT comes up in the ESVS." I suppose you meant that for the text and not the graph, correct? If so, mine is behaving like yours.

Thank you both for your help.

Kristin