Linking Texts Bibles to Original Language (Tagged Texts)?

Enrique Rivera

I am new to Accordance. I love the simplicity of the Accordance interface, as well as the amazingly powerful search capabilities. As a long time Logos user, something that I would love to see Accordance do is make it possible, while using English Bibles, for the the instant details to display morphological information that is linked to original language resources. For example, when reading Matthew 5:1 in ESV and hovering over the word "disciples" it would be nice if the instant details window displayed "Noun, ms, pl, nm" and so on. I realize that this can easily be accomplished by opening a parallel and selecting a tagged original language text, but it feels like an unnecessary step. Anyhow, just a suggestion. I am not sure from a coding perspective how difficult it would be to make this kind of change. I can tell you as a Logos user, there are times that I am in my English Bible, and all the morphological information that I need is available to me without needing to open another tab/window. This frees up space for me to use another tab for, say, a commentary or dictionary. 

I think you are looking for the kind of information available in a tagged English (and other language) text. ESVS would do this ESV would not. Check for texts ending in S (Strong's numbers) and GK (Goodrick/Kohlenberger numbers) indicating that they are tagged with morphological information.

—Joseph

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solly said:

I think you are looking for the kind of information available in a tagged English (and other language) text. ESVS would do this ESV would not. Check for texts ending in S (Strong's numbers) and GK (Goodrick/Kohlenberger numbers) indicating that they are tagged with morphological information.

—Joseph

Thanks for your reply, I suppose I could have been more clear. After thinking it through, what I am trying to say is that I wish English Bibles were keyed to Greek and Hebrew bibles, as opposed to Strong's (or any) definitions. I think it would be great to see morphological information in the instant details windows that is based on the original languages, while in our English Bibles. In Logos, I am able to open my English Bible and hover on any word and instantly get an analysis of the underlying Greek or Hebrew word. It makes it so that I you are essentially reading an English Bible and a Greek Bible all at the same time. This feature in Accordance would essentially make it so that even when reading devotionally, one would easily be alerted to important morphological issues such as tense, gender, plurality etc., without ever needing to open a parallel resource. 

Sorry, I went into Accordance and I see what you mean. I needed to drag my instant details window up a little so that I could see the NA28 details under the Strong's definition. Thank you again. 

• Like 1