Can we get a tool similar to Bibleworks' Editor tab?

DiscipleDojo

New user here, about 1 month into making the switch from 20 years of BW and one thing I can't figure out how to do is get something similar to BW's Editor tab in Accordance. A separate zone/window where I can copy/paste things into as I find them and then move them around or edit as need be. Something like a digital notepad but that can handle original languages. When I study, I frequently like to copy/past parallel translations of multiple verses, Lexicon entries, and other things I find all into a single document that I can then rearrange later as I'm working and honing my thoughts. Right now I'm doing this by opening an Evernote file or Word doc and pasting things into them...but in BW it was great because I could do it in a window in the program itself and then when I'm done with my research, I could copy all the contents in the Editor tab and then paste them into whatever program I wanted to present them in (usually Word or Powerpoint).

Am I just such a noob that I'm missing how to do this in Accordance? User Tools and User Notes, Stacks and Papers are set up in such a way as to be highly functional...but overly complex for what I need when I'm just needing to collate a bunch of things I've found into a single blank document to be formatted and organized later.

Any words of wisdom, folks?

• Like 1

Sounds like you might want to create a User Tool. You can paste into it, write in if, format it, etc.

The help files will give you a great start in it. It is under Digging Deeper>Working with User Tools. Also, many folks on here use them and will help when you want to do something but aren't sure.

Edited by Timothy Hall

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, the user tool is more that what I'm looking for. I'm basically looking for something that can function as a temporary text editor/notepad. The user tool option is for something more permanent and complex.

@DiscipleDojo I have the same interest and solved it by just using my normal text editor for these notes. A quick Alt-Tab (Command-Tab on Mac) is back and forth between the two applications. YMMV, but it works quite, especially in being able to have multiple tabs open in the editor. 

Perhaps a Stack will answer your needs. You can clip pretty much anything to it, you can add user items that you create, you can add pictures, even websites. You can have multiple stacks as well ...

Again, Stacks must be used in certain ways and is meant to be like little reference collections. I would love to see something much simpler. Literally just the BW text editor was so easy and perfect for taking notes on the fly that you don't need to make permanent or file for later anywhere.