Accordance Resources for Eastern Orthodox Interests (Blog Post)

R. Mansfield

We had a professor from an Orthodox seminary contact us wanting to know what resources were available in Accordance along the lines of Eastern Orthodox interests. I put together a list we sent to him and then created a blog post from it for others who might be interested. Basically, this is a listing of titles related to Patristics, Septuagint studies and related subjects.

https://www.accordancebible.com/eastern-orthodox/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't see any modern Greek Bible in the list. Examples would be 1228112187_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-03um11_53_49.thumb.png.ff9ab12dc06ce8b693b77b388ec43ae3.png

Nice photo! One day...

3 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Nice photo! One day...

Sadly, the current Turkish government has converted the Hagia Sophia back into a mosque. The same for Chora Church. I have no idea what is available for tourists to see. I'm glad I got to visit both when I did.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Fabian said:

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't see any modern Greek Bible in the list. 

Well, the professor who originally asked for the list was from an American seminary with Russian roots.

It may surprise non-Orthodox to know that an increasing number of Orthodox churches in the US don't use traditional Greek, Arabic, Russian, etc. content in most of their services anymore. I belong to an Antiochian Orthodox Church, and we only hear snippits of Greek or Arabic occasionally, but more during Pascha (Easter) than any other time. [Side note: during this year's Pascha, I helped out at a small Greek Orthodox chapel where Greek is still used a good bit. If you'd like to hear us sing Psalm 148 in Greek and English from the Holy Saturday service, click here. This recording was from a rehearsal.]

So, I didn't venture into modern, non-English Bible translations because I'd have to figure out which Greek, Russian, Romanian, etc. translations were Orthodox as opposed to Protestant or Catholic versions. I assume that if a person is looking for one of these, they will know what they're looking for, see what we offer, and choose accordingly.

The blog and list are very helpful for me. Thanks for putting it together!

• Like 1