Windows computer blocking installing/update?

Luke Bert

Hello, I am currently unable to do updates (content or application) or use easy install. Every time I try I get a generic error message that says "There was an error attempting to downlaod the file. Please contact technical support."
Yesterday, I spent over an hour on the phone with Billy from Tech support. THANK YOU BILLY! While he was able to get me my most recent purchase, the problem with updates and easy install remains. Billy and I believe that the problem has something to do with my windows settings. My question for the forums is this, has any other windows user had this problem? If so is there a specific firewall/defender/other setting that you found to fix it? 

Here is what I know: 

• I have accordance on my windows 10 Asus computer, my windows 10 Acer computer, and my google pixel 3. 
  • I can use the easy install and update accordance on my phone but not on either of my computers
  • My computer are linked through my Microsoft account.  
  • The problem started within the last month or so (maybe a update on windows?) 
  • Billy was able to add a module to my accordance on my computer manually by downloading the file off of dropbox.  
  • I have been using accordance on windows machines since accordance was released on windows (2014?) 
  • I have been using accordance on my windows 10 Asus for 3 years 
  • I have never installed accordance on my new windows 10 acer. 
    • I tested installing accordance on the windows 10 acer and had the same error message, so while I can download and use the installer I can not use easy install. 

Next steps?
I am going to try working with the setting on the fire wall. 
I may try to contact windows support to see if they can add the accordance servers to a white list. 
I appreciate any other suggestions. 

Thank you, 
Luke Bert

Are you running Accordance 13.1.7?

If so, you should be able to get debug information on any error message that pops up.  I can't recall if that's done via right-clicking the message and hitting "Copy", or just by hitting Ctrl-c while the error is at the front.  But one of those two things should put additional debug info about the error message in the clipboard.  If you can paste that info here, I may be able to figure out more about why you are getting this message, I hope.

Accordance 13.1.7 (13.1.7.0)
Windows 10 (10.0.19042)

There was an error attempting to download the file.  Please contact technical support.

Backtrace:
$00464785
$00464ACF
$004E9B5C

$004E9C6F
$004EA026
$0050BB8C
$00A1BB71
$004F2D8B
$004F3802
$004F3C98
$004F81D6
$004F3190
$004F8377
$004F8568
$004F32CF
$004F8377
$004EF281
$00580F2A
$0059213A
$766CEEBB
$766C5E7A
$766C5A7A
$766C963F
$76F94E7D
$00403E6D
$00416121

This is what comes out when I hit ctrl copy. I can't right click. 
Thank you in advance for any suggestions

• Thanks 1

This problem is still going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have tried Accordance in safe mode with no change. I just tried safe mode with networking, but it said Accordance timed out with the internet. Maybe I set up the safe networking wrong?

If you can get to a Website from a browser, then Networking is working. Was the timeout message from Windows or Accordance? 

I just tried updating off of my phone's hotspot and that didn't work either

So, I just tried safe mode with networking again. I definitely selected the correct option, but I was unable to connect to the internet. While in safe mode I was told my computer had no hardware to connect.  

This is starting to look like something other than an Accordance problem. Windows is not seeing your network card. You could try updating the driver for that card. 

3 minutes ago, ScottDF said:

This is starting to look like something other than an Accordance problem. Windows is not seeing your network card. You could try updating the driver for that card. 

Yes, I am fairly convinced that the problems on the windows side. As I said in my initial post, I have am having the problem on two different PCs. 

All my network cards are up to date. 

I have also tried a hardwired connection to the internet. The problem persists.