Adding notes and translator notes to the Swedish Bibel 2000 module

Hrugnir

Hi! My name is Peter and I am a Swedish minister and active Accordance user since a few years back. I use a variety of both English and Swedish modules, but in my work and studies the Swedish translations are of primary importance.

I own all of the relevant Swedish translations in book form, and I have always wondered why both Logos and Accordance have only the biblical text of Bibel 2000 and not the explanatory, translation notes or cross references which are present in the print version of that translation. This is the most commonly used Bible in Sweden, used by most of the major denominations (including the Church of Sweden) and was the result of a large team of top biblical scholars in Sweden. While Bibel 2000 lacks these extra resources, Folkbibeln 2015, the main "rival" translation, has all of its associated extra resources in Accordance, such as translator notes and cross references. This is a respectable translation, but it is mainly a careful revision of the existing 1917 translation of the Old Testament, along with a new NT translation carried out by a small team of scholars. As such, adding the corresponding resources to Bibel 2000 would make sense.

In addition to the lack of these notes, I also noticed some time back that Bibel 2000 entirely lacks some of the apocryphal content which it has in its print edition, namely Greek Daniel and Greek Esther. This proved associated with a general inconsistency between resources in the way Accordance deals with expansions of the biblical text not present in the Masoretic Text.
See this Accordance forum thread for further discussion on the matter. My point here is that Bel, Susana and Azariah simply aren't found anyone in Accordance's Bibel 2000 module.

I contacted the publisher/copyright holder of the Bibel 2000 translation (the Swedish Bible Society) last week, and my impression is that they are interested in making the translation more available, but are not entirely clear on how the procedure works. There's also a new Swedish translation coming out, so I'd be happy to get involved in making sure that module is optimized from the start.

My basic question is: would it be possible to add the textual notes and other already existent resources associated with the Bibel 2000 translation to Accordance? And if so, who needs to take the initiative to make that happen?

Best regards,
Peter Westermark
Edited by Hrugnir
  • Like 2

I meant, of course, to say that the Bible 2000 module doesn't have the text of Greek Daniel and Esther anywhere, in case my grammatical error confused anyone. The question of how these texts should be formatted in Accordance overall is a separate question, but a good basic improvement would be to include them in some way at all!

• Like 1

Bump!

I emailed sales about this, and they pointed me to this board.

9 minutes ago, Hrugnir said:

Bump!

I emailed sales about this, and they pointed me to this board.

Mark Allison is The Man for doing this for Accordance. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I'll contact the publisher. I'd definitely like to get the apocryphal content and the notes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I'll contact the publisher. I'd definitely like to get the apocryphal content and the notes.

Mark, if the publisher doesn’t respond after 2 weeks. Send again an email. Same to the Dutch Jongbloed publisher and the others. I have contacted the Brazilian Bible Society two times and got no response. Until I contacted the boss direct. Thats why Accordance has the Almeida Bible. If I wasn’t hard headed enough this Bible wouldn’t be in the Accordance store. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1