RTL user bible import problem

miketisdell

I tried importing a corrected version of a user bible I had already imported and got an error stating that the text cannot be imported because there is an extra blank line after Gen. 1:1. After not finding a problem with the file at Gen. 1:1, I then attempted to re-import other unmodified RTL files and got the same error for each one. It appears that a bug has been introduced into the import function that affects only RTL texts. 

RTL Import problem.jpg

I would love to try your text. Can you send it to me? 

Fabian

Hey Mike, please post the text file you're trying to import so I can test.

If you can't post for copyright reasons, please post a cut down version of the text file where the bug is still reproducible.

Alternatively, check your file encoding and line endings.  The file needs to be UTF-8, with Carriage Return line endings.  Notepad likes to insert CR/LF line endings, so that may be your problem.

On 6/1/2021 at 9:30 AM, Silas Marrs said:

Hey Mike, please post the text file you're trying to import so I can test.

If you can't post for copyright reasons, please post a cut down version of the text file where the bug is still reproducible.

Alternatively, check your file encoding and line endings.  The file needs to be UTF-8, with Carriage Return line endings.  Notepad likes to insert CR/LF line endings, so that may be your problem.

I will take a look at the file format. However, I do know that these were importing in the past. Can I message you a copy of the import file?

On 6/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, Silas Marrs said:

Silas I have a question, only to be sure, must it be for the Windows version also be UTF-8 WITHOUT BOM? Or only for the Mac Version of Accordance. I don't see any descriptions in the Help Files. Either in the Mac help nor in the Windows help.

Thanks

Fabian

BTW non-breaking spaces has to be converted to normal spaces for converting to the Yehudit font.

I feel pretty sure BOM shouldn't matter.  It did at one point, but I think we fixed it.  I'll see what's going wrong after Mike sends me the file.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, Silas Marrs said:

The file needs to be UTF-8, with Carriage Return line endings.  Notepad likes to insert CR/LF line endings, so that may be your problem.

Interesting. CRLF works with MacOS Roman, but not with utf-8. It would be good if CRLF works with utf-8 too. And if Latin1 if is the standard for Accordance for Windows for English texts, CRLF should be supported too. 

• 8 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 10:56 AM, Fabian said:

Interesting. CRLF works with MacOS Roman, but not with utf-8. It would be good if CRLF works with utf-8 too. And if Latin1 if is the standard for Accordance for Windows for English texts, CRLF should be supported too. 

Would love to see this.

Thanks.