Best Way to See Size of My Acc Library?

KevinPurcell

Is there a simple way to find the total number of books I have in my library? If so, how?

• Like 1

On the Accordance website you can go to "My Account" and then select "Library," and this should show all the free and paid items you have. It doesn't give you the number of books but at least it allows you to count them.

At the bottom of the Library panel is a gear icon. The Export All Data choice will create a .ris file which may be read by bibliographic programs.

—Joseph

Edited by Solly

8 hours ago, Solly said:

At the bottom of the Library panel is a gear icon. The Export All Data choice will create a .ris file which may be read by bibliographic programs.

—Joseph

Except the Texts, only Modules.

• Like 1

Thank you, Fabian! I had not really noticed that Texts were not included in the .ris file. I wonder why they are not included.

—Joseph

Kevin, that was a really good question. It made me think of another question that I probably don't want the answer to..... what's the value of my entire library? 😱😲😨。。。。 Probably good that there's not an easy way to see that. 😅😀

Edited by Dataduffy
  • Like 2

I added up the cost of my orders a few years back ... it was a lot more than I ever imagined, but worth every penny.

• Like 2

Like Tim, I added up the cost of my library a few years ago too and it was more than I expected. But I have no regrets, absolutely none.

Back to the original post, there's no easy way. I've tried printing the library list, copying stuff into excel, etc, but you still run into the problem of multivolume works (does the Anchor dictionary count as 1 book or 6?) or single books that have been split into multiple modules (like the ESV study bible). There are also works that only exist digitally such as the Accordance Photoguide. You can get a rough module count by digging into the texts and tools folders in the system library and then add extras like the atlas, syntax files, user tools, etc. 

• Like 2