Unable to sync to my computer

Jacob Sowles

Hi there, I have been trying to sync between my iphone 8 and my macbook for quite a while.  Every time I attempt to do so, when I use the sync command in my library on my iphone, a window pops up that says “Accordance Sync- Checking WiFi availability.”  Both my Macbook and my iphone are on the same wifi network, and the connection is very good.  From the macbook side, the device window pops up, but no other device shows up.  Both devices have the most up to date versions as well.

What do you mean with "no other"? No other than the iPhone or no one in general?

If the iPhone pops up you have to select it, then it has a blue background.

Edited by Fabian

No, I mean like nothing pops up.  I was saying that my MacBook can’t find my iPhone. 

Edited by Jacob Sowles

Have set the iPhone when Accordance is open to sync also?

Yes, I have tried starting each one first and then starting the other, both with no change. I think it’s on the iPhone end; like I said in my original post, it just says “checking wifi availability.”  It never proceeds past that. And my connection is very good and they’re both on the same network, so I don’t know why it’s struggling to do that. 

6650ECC8-93D0-4877-80EF-EA86DBEDE991.png

Once there was a manual here on the forums (I guess it was from Joel) how to set the Mac in (server mode) to send it direct via the WiFi from the Mac to the iPhone.

Mark could you then add this information to the Help files too?

Apparently there’s an option you have to toggle in the settings menu, find the accordance app, and toggle it in order for it to allow accordance to access the network.  So apparently the app itself couldn’t find the wifi network. Strange. But I finally synced! Thank you for the help!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jacob Sowles said:

Apparently there’s an option you have to toggle in the settings menu, find the accordance app, and toggle it in order for it to allow accordance to access the network.  So apparently the app itself couldn’t find the wifi network. Strange. But I finally synced! Thank you for the help!

Is this described in the Help Files? If not then it would be good to add it.

BTW I guess there should come a pop-up to allow the Network to Accordance if we use the Sync feature and the permission is not given.

Hmmm. I never got the pop-up. But it makes sense, because I’m pretty sure that I have seen it on other apps before, now that you say that. 

And I was using the help files to try and troubleshoot but did not find it. Though most of the troubleshooting in the helps was from the perspective of the computer side of the equation, which makes sense considering it’s simpler than dealing with every technological permutation of systems that someone might be using. 

Edited by Jacob Sowles
  • Like 1