Sync Strategies Until Accordance Fixes Most Glaring Weakness

KevinPurcell

Yes I titled that to be incendiary since I think sync is one of the 2 greatest weaknesses of Accordance 13. The other is notes.

So, how do you sync between your various devices. I have Dropbox attached to all of my installations. I use my MacBook Pro 90% of the time I use the full program. But I do occasionally use Windows. So, should I put my Accordance Files folder in Documents and sync via iCloud or put it in OneDrive and sync through that? Or should I store it in Dropbox and sync that way.

My pref - put it in iCloud, but if you do that, how do you access these files on Windows without having to copy/paste every time you use the program. Or will Dropbox sync solve this issue so it's not a big deal to have it in iCloud Docs on Mac and OneDrive on Windows?

I also considered using iCloud Drive sync on Windows (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201391)

Finally, if you would not want your advice quoted in an article or YouTube video (www.kevinpurcell.org and www.youtube.com/c/KevinPurcellonTheotek)

Thanks for the help!!!

I simply use Dropbox. Though I do save my sermon sessions in OneDrive but this is solely for back up purposes (sometime ago I had to reduce the amount of stuff I had on DrpBox because I did not want to pay for the service)

I must agree Kevin, syncing is the weak link of Accordance! Accordance is my "go to" program but I truly wish there was another way to be able to sync. If I only use my ipad air 2 and Macbook Air syncing seems to work ok most of the time. Once I throw in my Surface Pro (windows 10) things get messed up! I have had to dispense syncing with my Surface Pro.

Bob

• 1 month later...

I relocated files and use OneDrive to back up most of my stuff.  (Check Utilties > Choose Support Files Location) << !! DO BACK UP EVERYTHING before you do this in case things go wrong!!

I use Dropbox as a secondary backup.

• Like 1