Bel and the Dragon vs. Daniel 14 / Susanna vs. Daniel 13

Fabian

Thanks for the consistency with LetterJeremiah and Baruch 6. This is now solved. 

BUT, the next project is coming.

Now Bel and the Dragon and Daniel 14 is fighting against each other to have the place in the verse mappings. Which would win? I guess Bel, as LetterJeremia won against Baruch 6.

And Susanna is fighting against Daniel 13.

Mark can you fix this?

Thanks

Fabian

• Like 1

On it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Side note: if anyone has never read Bel and the Dragon, you should. It's considered to be perhaps the first "detective story" in history.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Side note: if anyone has never read Bel and the Dragon, you should. It's considered to be perhaps the first "detective story" in history.

It's also just really entertaining. 

• Like 3

In addition to the OP, it would be good to have a decision from Accordance where to put this books? In reformed Bible as Parallel? In catholic, amharic and orthodox Bibles in the normal corpus? Or always in the normal corpus what is not Parallel text? The reformed Bibles LUTHER 1984 and the LUTHER 2017 has it this way. The last makes technically the most sense and I would prefer it, but I guess some are against it due theological reason. But as I mentioned it. Even the Luther Bibles, have it. Even the Luther 1912. In Accordance are the apocryphal texts missing from the LUTH12. Please add it. They are available with Notes. The Notes are missing anyway. The Headings should also be there in the 13.2.  Thanks. 

I mentioned this problem here too.

Please consider my thoughts about this issues. I would love to have a more consistent and with all Notes, all Headings, all books user experience in Accordance. And I'm sure other Accordance would appreciate that too. 

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

4 hours ago, Fabian said:

In addition to the OP, it would be good to have a decision from Accordance where to put this books? In reformed Bible as Parallel? In catholic, amharic and orthodox Bibles in the normal corpus? Or always in the normal corpus what is not Parallel text?

I think the ideal would be to put them wherever the publisher did, and be able to display in parallel Texts from publishers who made different decisions. If Accordance cannot manage to satisfy both of these requirements, I consider the ability to display Texts in parallel more important.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, Mark Allison said:

On it 🙂

I guess they come with the updates to 13.2. Is this correct?

Can I mention here that Ignatius Ephesians and the biblical Ephesians are both Eph? Obviously the biblical Ephesians should be Eph, but when I click that little button to auto-hyperlink links, it turns Ignatius Eph to the biblical Eph...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mark

Have you found time to solve these problems?

Thanks

Fabian

48 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Hello Mark

Have you found time to solve these problems?

Thanks

Fabian

No, not yet. Been busy updating bibles for the 13.2 update and working on a Czech bible. I should be getting back to that issue soon though.

• 2 months later...

@Mark Allison What does "

On 5/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, Mark Allison said:

On it 🙂

" mean?

Edited by Fabian

On 10/9/2021 at 3:58 AM, Fabian said:

@Mark Allison What does "

" mean?

The following Texts have been updated to include Susanna and Bel as titles for Daniel 13 and 14 (which aids in syncing). They will be available for download asap.

NABRE 2.2 2.3
NABRE Notes 2.2 2.3
NJB 2.7 2.8
EU-LEM 1.8 1.9
NAVARRA 1.6 1.7
DHH2 1.4 1.5
LXXB 3.3 3.4
SHINKYO2 1.4 1.5
TLA2 1.3 1.4
NAB 3.4 3.5
VULG-T 3.7 3.8
VULG-N 1.9 2
VULGATE 1.5 1.6
GEZ-MH 1 1.1
GNB2 1.2 1.3
GNB2-LEM 1.3 1.4
SWED2K2 1.2 1.3
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

The following Texts have been updated to include Susanna and Bel as titles for Daniel 13 and 14 (which aids in syncing). They will be available for download asap.

NABRE 2.2 2.3
NABRE Notes 2.2 2.3
NJB 2.7 2.8
EU-LEM 1.8 1.9
NAVARRA 1.6 1.7
DHH2 1.4 1.5
LXXB 3.3 3.4
SHINKYO2 1.4 1.5
TLA2 1.3 1.4
NAB 3.4 3.5
VULG-T 3.7 3.8
VULG-N 1.9 2
VULGATE 1.5 1.6
GEZ-MH 1 1.1
GNB2 1.2 1.3
GNB2-LEM 1.3 1.4
SWED2K2 1.2 1.3

I'll check it after the updates has arrived my Accordance.

The section headings in NABRE v 2.3 are way off in several places throughout the module.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

The section headings in NABRE v 2.3 are way off in several places throughout the module.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Fabian said:

Thanks. 👍👍

@Mark Allison can you check now 

Thanks

Fabian

Yes, 4Ezra and 2Esdras are the same. Most of our Texts have 4 Ezra. The only ones that have 2Esdras are PSEUD-CW, PSEUD, and PESHOT-T. I'll make the changes in those three modules.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Most of our Texts have 4 Ezra. The only ones that have 2Esdras are PSEUD-CW, PSEUD, and PESHOT-T.

The other way round😉

Thanks.

• Like 1