"user Bible" questions

Kristin

I feel like this question is super basic, but I am having some confusion and would appreciate any clarity anyone is able to provide.

I was at Joel’s Webinar today, (which I really appreciated!) and during the Webinar he was showing this “Cotton Patch Bible” which he seems to have imported as a “User Bible” if I am not mistaken. This seemed to be a published book, so I am kind of confused how to do this.

A similar question, while I do not have a published Bible I am trying to import, I DO have sections of my own translation. I don’t mean anything official, I just mean that anyone who has taken Greek or Hebrew has been forced to do their own translations. I am currently storing my translations next to verses as Notes, but is there a way to import it as a “User Bible”?

Thank you for any clarity anyone is able to provide.

Sincerely,
Kristin

Yes, it is possible. No it is not basic. It is in the "Digging Deeper" section of the Help Files.

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/importing_bibles.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%20Deeper|Importing%20Bibles|_____1

I have prepared and imported a (User Bible) Imported Bible through the webinar on my other Mac. User Bible is the old name, officially now it is called Imported Bibles. 

The big question is: In what form is your "published Bible"? Printed Book, PDF, PDF with OCR, XML, .docx, TXT. 

I would do 2 Imported  Bibles. One as the "published Bible" and one as mix. The first you import as it is. The second – and that is my advice – you do the text in <color=red> </color>. Then you do delete the text you have translated and replace it with your own. Without the <color=red></color> or any other color. So you can see in the Bible which part is from you and which is done from the publisher. 

As you have done the publisher Imported Bible you have to copy paste from your Notes to the txt.

For example:

Gen 1:1 ¶ <color=red>In the beginning..... </color>

Gen 1:2 My translation

Gen 1:3 <color=red>The translation of the publisher</color>

2051605119_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-20um08_24_08.thumb.png.5840552307e5345454fc1db75add10bc.png

With the color red, you can turn it off if it is annoying you. But you can always turn it on to see which translation is in front of you. Just my idea.

1950294429_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-20um08_25_03.thumb.png.b5b45af2a87e801ed21884d64c790759.png

1214358429_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-20um08_25_42.thumb.png.1d73596c0f3dcd96565abffb79e04f49.png

Fabian

Maybe you contact me via PM.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

Fabian is always super helpful Kristin.  Without him, I don't know where I'd be :)  Give the User Bibles a shot.  I use them (lots of them) also.

• Like 2

Hi @Fabian, Thank you very much. I have a few meetings I need to go to, so I still haven't had the chance to carefully review your info, but as soon as I am done I will do so and send you a PM.

Before I go to my meeting though I just wanted to ask if there is a secure version of that site? I tried both FireFox and Chrome and both are letting me know there is some sort of security risk on the Accordance Help website you posted. Here is a screenshot.

Thank you again and I will write more later today.

Sincerely,

Kristin

206495564_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-20um09_32_24.thumb.png.43979aaa68775316b01cb22dd9d5f22d.png

@Kristin the Website Fabian listed is a copy of the Accordance Help system. If you have Accordance installed on your computer you can access the same material from your local computer. Just open the Help System from the menu and search for Digging Deeper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kristin said:

Hi @Fabian, Thank you very much. I have a few meetings I need to go to, so I still haven't had the chance to carefully review your info, but as soon as I am done I will do so and send you a PM.

Before I go to my meeting though I just wanted to ask if there is a secure version of that site? I tried both FireFox and Chrome and both are letting me know there is some sort of security risk on the Accordance Help website you posted. Here is a screenshot.

Thank you again and I will write more later today.

Sincerely,

Kristin

206495564_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-20um09_32_24.thumb.png.43979aaa68775316b01cb22dd9d5f22d.png

Nicht sicher ist nicht gut. 

This has Accordance to fix. 

I've take it form https://www.accordancebible.com/help-for-accordance/