Update for NICOT – Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah

Brian W. Davidson

We gotta get this one! I'm sure  y'all will, but I just wanted to give a head's up that it is coming soon:

https://www.eerdmans.com/Products/2626/the-books-of-nahum-habakkuk-and-zephaniah.aspx 

Eerdmans

The Books of Nahum, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah
Thomas Renz 
6/8/2021
ISBN: 978-0-8028-2626-8

• Like 1

Discussions were had with Eerdmans today about updating this series and a few others. It won't be quite in time for the next Eerdmans sale more than likely, but it should be within the coming weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🎉🙌👍👌💥🥳

• 6 months later...
32 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Great news! NICOT: The Books of Nahum, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah, by Thomas Renz, is now available for Accordance!

Are they included in the Full NICOT? I have a you own this product and a price. But no upgrade or purchase button. 796819234_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-16um21_33_32.png.a78b1ebb2df9c7a5771046788cbdc3ab.png

And as standalone they are much cheaper.  Only 24.90

There is something you have to look into it.

Ok. If I take only the NICOT then it says I have it and my price is $69.90. If I go to the full NICOT and NICNT then my price is $0. But no upgrade price also.

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

like fabian, i'm getting price discrepancies.

i've mentioned this before, but the new website makes it very confusing to figure out what the actual updates are. I just spent like an hour just trying to figure out and i'm still confused.

when i add the nicnt 20 (january 2021), i'm being charged 38.50. i'm not sure what the 38.50 is for. i had originally put it into the cart b/c i wasn't sure if i had the cohick ephesians, but i confirmed by checking if it came up in the info pane. so it looks like i already own the nicnt 20 (2021). i'm not sure if it's indicating that that's a 38.50 module that i don't own. i tried looking at the volume history page, but no idea.

also, when i click on The Letter to the Ephesians–Lynn H. Cohick (2020) in the NICNT Commentary Series product page, it links to the old bruce 1984 Colossians, to Philemon, and to the Ephesians.

overall, it would be helpful if the product info pages were organized better to more easily see how the upgrading etc is as it's a bit confusing.

in the old testament volume history section, the renz revision isn't even listed. i think this is a big part why i was confused as to which nicot version i had. since there's no author listed in that section, and it doesn't show new, it seems like the renz was there from the beginning. then i saw that it's actually the robertson version, which i verified through my info pane.

i think one thing that can be done is to put the authors in the ot/nt volume history part. i find myself having to constantly scroll up to the individual volume list to see who the author is. actually, i think just merging those sections would be better since some books have revisions so it gets hectic. if all that is neatly organized in the same section along with an easier module naming scheme that would cut down on the confusion, at least for me.

892559917_ScreenShot2021-11-17at5_44_00PM.thumb.png.ccecc33230261eec16c228b1006981fb.png

Edited by Andrew G
  • Like 1

@R. Mansfield on the 

there is down below in the thread a link to the upgrade of the 28 volume NICOT, but not for the 48  volume NICOT-NICNT.

We have now 2 threads with a lot of discussion about the upgrades and even the 48 volume isn't there. If the workflow of Accordance would be better the long discussions wouldn't be needed. And where is the link for me?

Here are the screenshots if I go to the 48 Volume. 

743728579_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-18um09_53_16.thumb.png.9e98604bbea0d0ff34ea82bd9d7a4603.png

No upgrade price for the new modules.

5 minutes ago, Fabian said:

No upgrade price for the new modules.

I think this shows how difficult it is to keep the module upgrades in sync. If you look at Pillar then there are numerous upgrade products and that has no OT modules so is just one set of modules. It could become very complicated for NICOT-NICNT

4 minutes ago, Steve King said:

I think this shows how difficult it is to keep the module upgrades in sync. If you look at Pillar then there are numerous upgrade products and that has no OT modules so is just one set of modules. It could become very complicated for NICOT-NICNT

In my opinion they need for every module a workflow path. What is to consider if a change is to make. Otherwise the mess gets bigger and bigger. 

• Like 1

Yes, I agree it is not always easy to follow the upgrade pattern... especially finding what we own compared to what's on offer.  In this instance,  I simply purchased the new module at £24.90 and requested that it be added to my full NICOT set.  Then the 28 Vol revised - 2 was placed in my download tray.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve updated my NICOT set to the latest but now I’ve lost the original Nah, Hab, Zep volume I had. I thought before it was auto retained in my library when I update to a set and a vol was knocked out? The same has happened to my 1st edition of James in Pillar, it’s gone. How do I retain these original 2 volumes as standalone books in my library outside the NICOT and Pillar sets? I must have forgotten a step. Thanks

• Like 1

I contacted support/sales when i updated my wbc set and lost some of the original volumes. 

• Like 1

Yes, this was an issue for me as well.  Historically we got the option to download the Individual commentaries that were being replaced, so we could still have access to them.  I managed to find the older set on on my time machine and reload it from there, but it now means that that module is now nested in the full set, rather than a stand alone, which I can quickly refer to. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Meiklejohn said:

but it now means that that module is now nested in the full set, rather than a stand alone, which I can quickly refer to. 

And it takes up a bit more storage. 

• Like 1