Danish tagged Bible Text for Accordance 13

Nicole Ligaard Jensen

Hi everyone, I live in Denmark and would like to request a tagged, Danish translation of the Bible for my Accordance Collection. I study Theology end hence am in dire need of that specific text. Here in DK, "Bibelselskabet" publishes the Bible. Here is their website: https://www.bibelselskabet.dk/ and this is the link to the text that is available online for everyone and free: https://www.bibelselskabet.dk/brugbibelen/bibelenonline/1_Mos/1

Thanks so much for your time.
Fingers Crossed!

Kind regards,

~Nicole

• Like 3

Thanks for the link; I'll check it out!

In the meantime, we're currently working with the Danish Bible Society to publish three different translations, 1) a Danish standard translation, 2) a Danish contemporary translation and 3) the Greenlandic standard translation.

• Like 4

I hope not this one:

https://www.faithwire.com/2020/04/21/danish-bible-society-removes-references-to-israel-from-translation/

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Mark Allison said:

In the meantime, we're currently working with the Danish Bible Society to publish three different translations, 1) a Danish standard translation, 2) a Danish contemporary translation and 3) the Greenlandic standard translation.

Mark, this is great news. I have over the years been in contact with the president of the Danish Bible Society a number of times - without succes. They have recently installed a new person in the chair - and I have contacted him as well. 

Since the authorized version (1992) is already released for BibleWorks and Logos, I am sure it is just a matter of making this happen. I would also love to see "Bibelen2020" (the contemporary version) as part of an agreement with the society. 

What is the status right now? If it is stalled, please let me now, and I will contact the president again putting you on cc. We just need to get the right persons in the same room :). 

Morten

NB: There are as much as five different Danish bibles freely available for Accordance right now (Wierød, Hverdagsdansk, NT1819, NT1907, Skat Rørdam, OT1931). Let me know if anyone misses those, and I can send a link offline. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Mark Allison said:

So glad to hear this! Any news on release date?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Please, do something about this. We would love to use Accordance in our Bible College in Denmark, but it seems like you’ve forgotten Denmark.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stighagen said:

Please, do something about this. We would love to use Accordance in our Bible College in Denmark, but it seems like you’ve forgotten Denmark.

I'm having trouble getting in contact with the individuals in charge of licensing this text. If you could help be an interface between Accordance and the publishers, we'd really appreciate it. Message me when you get a chance. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2022 at 10:33 PM, Mark Allison said:

I'm having trouble getting in contact with the individuals in charge of licensing this text. If you could help be an interface between Accordance and the publishers, we'd really appreciate it. Message me when you get a chance. 

Check my pm

• Like 3

On 4/17/2022 at 3:49 PM, stighagen said:

Check my pm

I've just sent a licensing request for the Bibelen 2020. Thanks to each of you for your help!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, Mark Allison said:

I've just sent a licensing request for the Bibelen 2020. Thanks to each of you for your help!

Have you heard anything @Mark Allison? Any news?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I left you an answer in Live Chat, but you left as I was writing it. You can contact me in tech support for the contents of that message. I am  not at liberty to post it here.

techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, Billy32792 said:

I left you an answer in Live Chat, but you left as I was writing it. You can contact me I tech support for the contents of that message. I am  not at liberty to post it here.

techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks.

I'll do

• Like 1

I was in contact with the Danish Bible Society last week, but nothing else to report at the moment. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 8/10/2022 at 10:00 PM, Jordan S said:

I was in contact with the Danish Bible Society last week, but nothing else to report at the moment. 

Any news on this? Will we have the Danish Bible, the authorized version (1992) anytime soon? Our institution would love to have it asap. 

• Like 1

It’s showing the latest update is we’re talking with the publisher on it.

• Like 1

Thank you Nathan. Looking forward to hearing more soon. I've been waiting for years for this to happen. Please, see the date for Jordan S update (August 10, 2022). The initial post in the thread is back in spring 2021. Hoping to hear more soon @Jordan S

Thanks for making such a great product! 

Edited by stighagen
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I have only used Accordance for a few months, but when I first read this thread, I decided to take contact to the Danish Bible Society myself.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly now and it'll be ready by Spring 2024

Attached screenshot is an email in Danish from the Danish BIble Society from the 22. november 2023

image.png.e3209cbf50a9c93b5763549dbbb79f37.png

Edited by Nicolai Skødt Holmgaard
Added explaination to screenshot

One more Dutch translation would also be fine. Now we have only the Statenvertaling from 1637. The NBV21 or HSV would be nice.

We have a couple of Danish Bibles in the work. Not sure about tagged though. @Nicolai Skødt Holmgaard, forward that email to me nparker[at]accordancebible[dot]com (replace bracketed text with punctuation) and we'll look at it. Thanks for that!

Email should have been forwared to you now, @Dr. Nathan Parker.

The delay was because email notifications was turned off, so I didn't get your tag

Great. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2023 at 9:46 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We have a couple of Danish Bibles in the work. Not sure about tagged though. @Nicolai Skødt Holmgaard, forward that email to me nparker[at]accordancebible[dot]com (replace bracketed text with punctuation) and we'll look at it. Thanks for that!

I'm really looking forward to this. Any idea when we can expect a release? And exactly what two translations are we talking about?

I'll ask at our next meeting. I can't recall the specifics but can find out.

14 hours ago, stighagen said:

I'm really looking forward to this. Any idea when we can expect a release? And exactly what two translations are we talking about?

Nathan can of course overturn anything I say, but I believe it is the 1992 and 2020 translations, as those are the only 2 published by Bibelselskabet in recent years.

Bibelselskabet wrote something a long the lines of "hopefully in a couple of months" time.

So if all they turn over is compatible to Accordance, I (personally) hope this Spring/Summer

• Like 1