Long-running frustration: inconsistent font/text size on-screen vs. printed page

Brent Hobbs

Long time user here. One frustration I have on weekly basis: font & text size on-screen vs. printed.

A readable on-screen font renders unusably large print on paper. To have a reasonable size printout I have to reduce on screen font size to unreadably small. 

I don’t like File -> Print Settings -> Use default font size of… because it’s difficult to adjust when needed. I want dynamic resizing and consistent printout of what’s on the screen. Is there a workaround for this issue?

In terms of printing Bible text, you might try this:

1. Duplicate your main Bible tab

2. Use Command-T in this second tab and choose the font size you want for printing.

3. Add the LINK command to the search entry box of that second tab and link to the first tab. That way any search you do in the first tab will be reflected in the second tab as well.

4. Go to Window --> Tabs & Zones --> Tab Ties and tie the second tab to the first. This will ensure the two tabs scroll together.

You'll now have a reading tab set to a large font size, and a printing tab set to say, 12 point. You can always use the size buttons to adjust the print size up or down, and since the searching and scrolling will be linked to your main reading tab, you should just be able to switch tabs and print.

Hope this helps.