Feature Idea: Layers for Notes Files

JohnABarnett

Had an idea this morning I'd like to share.

It would be very useful to have layers for notes files, similar to how image editing software has layers. These layers could be selected/deselected for viewing at will. You could color code layers and custom-name them.

One layer could be named Context for contextual notes, another for Textual, another for Original Language, another for Backgrounds, another for Teaching Points, etc., etc. This would allow you to show multiple categories of notes in one file with complete flexibility.

What think you?

P.S. - I don't use Notes files, I put all my notes in Word for two reasons, one, in the past with Note files I had several encounters with files disappearing during sync, and two, the superior power of Word as a word processor.

Edited by JohnABarnett
  • Like 2

I like the idea. That sounds somewhat like what Microsoft OneNote allows you to do within a notebook, called “sections” (and section groups which group similar sections together). Also similar to tabs (like in a browser). I probably wouldn’t find the need to hide them, but I like the idea of color coding them.

Honestly, I’d more so prefer more formatting options in Notes (i.e. bulleted lists) and windows that remembered their previous open state so I wouldn’t have to resize the pop up window every time I want to access the full formatting toolbar. Is there a way to fix that?

• Like 1